Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 01:50 PM

have you inherited ?

I've recently had an inheritance from a lovely old lady friend, she left me £1000 in her will. I was thrilled , then I learned the other inheritor was left £250,000 upwards , she and I were the only inheretors, apart from cats homes etc. I was told she had left upwards of 1.3/4 million. The other lady and I were her long term friends . I was a little envious of the other lady if I'm honest as it changed her life , but knew the old lady thought more of her than me , and hey "that's life " and it hurts at times. Ive had a nice holiday on my money and enjoyed it .

My mum and dad left everything to our youngest brother (of 7 ) house , contents etc as he was the baby of the family , we kids accepted it , we're a bit hurt about it but again "that's life" , and it's hurtful at times .

I doubt if I will ever inherit in my life again , but I do hear of friends inheriting large sums of money or properties and they are lucky to have life changes for the better , am I envious , yes I am , but that's life isn't it.

Have you inherited , and has it helped your life and made things easier ?
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 02:23 PM

Re: have you inherited ?

I inherited quite a lot of money around the time that the endowment policy's on mortgages were not making enough to cover the final mortgage payment. Thankfully I was able to pay my mortgage off early. I did not really know the lady who had remembered me in her will. She and her late husband were my parents friends. I do have memories of locking my mother in the loo at their wedding at the age of five. It was nice to be remembered, she probably was thinking of that little boy when she made her will.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 02:41 PM

I inherited debts from my family which we struggled to pay off but very recently my husband inherited just under £70,000 which will change our lives completely.
We have bought a static caravan so will be having holidays and weekends away as much as we can. Paid off our mortgage so now only have rent to pay, bought me a little car so we can both be mobile at the same time, And the rest we will save (hoping to add to it) to buy a small house when Grace leaves home and is independent.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 03:20 PM

sorry Julie,but I don't understand you said you say Paid off our mortgage so now only have rent to pay, I thought once your mortgage was paid the house was yours so why do you have to pay rent? (not being nosey just don't understand)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Shared ownership with the council we pay rent and service charge and are responsible for all repairs etc and pay mortgage too on 20% of the property. So all we will pay now is the rent and service charge and repairs.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 03:32 PM

ahhh now I understand..thank you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 03:42 PM

What little money my parents left was spit between the three of us my sister getting 3 x 5ths and my brother and I 1 x 5th each because my sister was deemed to have done more than we did for them living nearer and popping in to get a bit of shopping . Living 150 miles away I went up every 6 weeks and cleaned everywhere from top to bottom so think it was pretty even.
I didn't mind thought, I expected to work for everything I have myself .
A friend with an estate of 2 million left me a £1000. I trimmed her dog for many years until she died and was suppose to be paid but she never had the cash and always said she would pay next time .

An aunt left me a ring which I keep meaning to sell but guess it is worth very little.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:01 PM

No I never inherited anything, except me granny's sense of humour and that has helped me no end to cope with the ups and downs in this world, thanks Gran.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:33 PM

Yes, I received 5000$ from Aunt Ruth many years ago. Now settling my Mom's estate, have no idea what I will receive. It is up to my sister. Mom trusted her, hope she was right, is all I can say.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
No I never inherited anything, except me granny's sense of humour and that has helped me no end to cope with the ups and downs in this world, thanks Gran.
I love this!!
Sense of humour is a lovely legacy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top