Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:59 PM

Re: have you inherited ?

My aunt died last year and left 6000 to me, my sister and the r,s,p,c,a when I took the cheque in they demanded a copy of the will, I guess to check that she wasn't leaving more and we were trying it on.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 05:17 PM

My sister and I inherited my mum's house, which needed an awful lot of work doing on it. We sold it and got half each, it wasn't a fortune but it enabled me to buy a house. Mr Clumsy inherited his mother's house (much to the disgust of his two brothers, but there was a reason). It was an old farmhouse and the money from the sale enabled us to pay off our mortgage, have a nice conservatory built and to have some wonderful holidays. It also mainly funded our time in Kenya. We had enough left to buy our house in Spain and to have an extension built and the pool, very little money left but no mortgage. I also had a gold bracelet left to me by my ex husband's aunt, this is now with my daughter in law, I thought she might as well have the pleasure of it now rather than it sit in a box.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 06:39 PM

Like Jem Ive never inheirited money, but I have my grans temper (which was something to behold) My dads logic and my mothers looks.

These things are worth much more than money and last longer too..
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 07:17 PM

Yes, I received a large some of money, we had prepared for our retirement, but this was heaven sent and totally unexpected, we gave a large amount of it to my only daughter and her hubby to do what they wished with.
The rest is in the bank making nothing but its there if we ever need it if not my daughter will get the lot
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 07:22 PM

Some people say money is like oxygen. Handy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:52 PM

I inherited genetic matter, who needs it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
My aunt died last year and left 6000 to me, my sister and the r,s,p,c,a when I took the cheque in they demanded a copy of the will, I guess to check that she wasn't leaving more and we were trying it on.
It's to ensure you aren't laundering money we are finding we have to prove where we got money from to several companies.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 11:56 AM

Never look a gift horse in the mouth ,but some inheritance can feel like a kick in the teeth.

Jenny`s aunt was quite well off-and an absolute pain. But we kept visiting-

Long story but Jenny was the only blood relative and had been brought up to be a good niece and you get an equal share with the step grandchildren.

Ha!!-Jen got left £2000(very nice)-but a tiny amount compared to the estate.

There is a tail piece. I always fancied a painting-paint on what seemed board with a crack. Said Aunt must have thought it worthless(and her and her friends `knew about art` you pleb). I got it in the will. When Jenny passed away i decided to put it up for auction for a few quid.... it hammered at £1300-tee hee
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 08:30 PM

I think we have been quite lucky really. My husband and I have both inherited from our parents, OH's inheritance was some 20 years ago, and it was split between him and his three sisters. There was a decent house and some money. When my mum died leaving her bungalow and some money, my sister and I were joint beneficiaries. The bungalow was sold and I gave my share over to my two children to help with their house purchases. We had no real need of the money and I think my mum would have approved. Trouble is frequently inheritance comes a bit too late - the time it is often most useful and you need a boost is when you are younger and have a young family of your own to bring up. Money is no good unless it is put to good use. I also inherited from my Aunt. Her will included some 23 beneficiaries plus some charities, so there was not an awful lot, about £15,000 each as I remember. I have saved it, just in case.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think we have been quite lucky really. My husband and I have both inherited from our parents, OH's inheritance was some 20 years ago, and it was split between him and his three sisters. There was a decent house and some money. When my mum died leaving her bungalow and some money, my sister and I were joint beneficiaries. The bungalow was sold and I gave my share over to my two children to help with their house purchases. We had no real need of the money and I think my mum would have approved. Trouble is frequently inheritance comes a bit too late - the time it is often most useful and you need a boost is when you are younger and have a young family of your own to bring up. Money is no good unless it is put to good use. I also inherited from my Aunt. Her will included some 23 beneficiaries plus some charities, so there was not an awful lot, about £15,000 each as I remember. I have saved it, just in case.
Yes, suppose parents can hang around rather to long.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top