Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:12 PM

Strange Laws

It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a Tropical fish store?
Do you know any more silly laws?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:15 PM

Re: Strange Laws

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).

LOL Doc that would bring the customers in to the fish store
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:18 PM

It is still an offence to beat or shake any carpet rug or mat in any street in the Metropolitan Police District, although you are allowed to shake a doormat before 8am.......you couldn't make it up......anyway I'm off now to buy some tropical fish
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
It is still an offence to beat or shake any carpet rug or mat in any street in the Metropolitan Police District, although you are allowed to shake a doormat before 8am.......you couldn't make it up......anyway I'm off now to buy some tropical fish
'giggle'
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 08:12 PM

We had a law here up to the 1960’s when all the pubs closed on St. Patricks day!, can you imagine that, Irishmen and women celebrating the patron saint everywhere else in the world except their own country? wonder what arsehead came up with that bright idea, more than likely a tee totaler.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 02:37 AM

Strange indeed, Jem.

In parts of Australia a few decades ago all the pubs had to close at 6pm.

And so was born the "6 o'clock swill" as workers tried to down as many as possible before closing time.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

13-07-2015, 08:14 AM

It is legal to shoot a Welshman on a Sunday in Hereford, with a longbow, within the grounds of the Cathedral.

I've been tempted to drive, one or two of my more irritating colleagues; Gareth "three bellies" Lewis and Dai "bananas" Jenkins, to Hereford and put this law to the test.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 08:48 AM

Not exactly 'a law' but according to the deeds of my house I can keep livestock on my property with the exception of hens so I could have a pig a cow or some sheep in the garden but not a couple of hens for eggs
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not exactly 'a law' but according to the deeds of my house I can keep livestock on my property with the exception of hens so I could have a pig a cow or some sheep in the garden but not a couple of hens for eggs
How strange - any idea why no hens?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
It is legal to shoot a Welshman on a Sunday in Hereford, with a longbow, within the grounds of the Cathedral.

I've been tempted to drive, one or two of my more irritating colleagues; Gareth "three bellies" Lewis and Dai "bananas" Jenkins, to Hereford and put this law to the test.
This post made me laugh a lot Steven

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top