Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 08:23 PM

Re: Excellent Customer service !

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Last Monday I ordered 2 more sets of 'rainbow drawers' from a shop called Hobbycraft. As I do not have transport I asked for them to be delivered and paid an extra £5 for 'next day delivery'. Waited in all day Tuesday - no drawers - telephoned Customer Services at 5:15pm to have a grumble - was totally defused by the lovely attitude of the person who answered. She apologised profusely - the order had missed the courier - asked me to give them a second chance and promised they would be here early Wednesday and that my extra £5 would be refunded.

While talking to her I mentioned that some time ago I had signed up for a loyalty card but heard nothing from them - she promised to look into that as well.

8:15am Wednesday morning my order was delivered - all the way from Burton on Trent.

Saturday morning the postman delivered a gift card from Hobbycraft - for £20 - my £5 refund and a £15 apology.

Today - have just checked my email. There is one from Hobbycraft customer services saying they have sorted out the problem with my loyalty card and giving me a code to use either on line or in store for 15% discount on my next purchase as an apology for any inconvenience caused.

Now that is what I call Customer Service !
Good to hear it as Hobbycraft is one of the merchant's I sell stuff for .
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 08:52 PM

Terrific Silver Tabby. Gives me a good feeling when good service is given and appreciated by the recipient.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Great news, ST!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Good to hear it as Hobbycraft is one of the merchant's I sell stuff for .
That is interesting, MKJ. I buy a lot of craft stuff from them especially since they opened a store here a couple of years ago.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 07:58 AM

Great customer service and pleased to hear about it.
Just wondered what the weather was like near your place
west of the moon etc
Glad the trolleys work with the wheel lock as we get them thrown
in a small river near our Tescos and I have often had to tell their
customer services that there are 7 trolleys in the river.
Sounds a great shop ST.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is interesting, MKJ. I buy a lot of craft stuff from them especially since they opened a store here a couple of years ago.
Not that interesting really as all I do is create websites that use their datafeed (a file containing product info) along with loads of other merchant feeds. The last count I was affiliated to nearly 900 such merchants. This equates to around 200 domains populated with god knows how many shops - maybe 500 or so. Takes dedicated servers to be able to cope with the traffic and these I have. Fascinating way to earn money but way into geek / nerd territory.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top