Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:10 AM

Reviewing life

Today my youngest daughter is 42 . Next week my eldest will be 45 . Both have done well in life , hard working and nice people.

Their birthdays make me look back at my life , I feel as though I've dreamt it ,it's gone so fast. When young time went slow but not now. I can't seem to hold on to time at all.

Many things I can't remember , the kids remind me of something and it's hard to pull it back. It's been a tough journey , I made many mistakes , took wrong turns, was often like a little ping pong ball bouncing in life looking for something that was never there I guess. I had no family or support but somehow managed to get to here !

My daughter sent me a text last night saying I'd been a fab mum and she was glad I was her mum , it made me cry . Lovely though . I do wish life had been kinder to them when young they too had a tough time due to my mistakes , but I guess it's life's building blocks .

I'm a good mum , well the best I can be at least , I try to help them if I can , I'm a brilliant nanny to my little grandaughters . If only I'd known then what I know now life would have been very different for the three of us .

So life is flying by , I wonder how long I will be here and what else there is out there for me . Sometimes I ask myself "is this it " , maybe it is , and that's fine too.

Many have come and gone in my life , taught me many lessons , some very painful , some left me with a smile . But I'm still standing with open heart and mind and living each day.

Brthdays and memories make me feel emotional in a nice reflective way , just felt like posting the reflexions of my life .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:18 AM

Re: Reviewing life

Susan It is strange how time seems to go faster the older we get....
When we were little time seemed to go painfully slow and birthdays took ages to come around. Now they come around all too soon

I tend not to review my life, it revives too many memories both happy and sad and disturbs my newly discovered contentment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:51 AM

Sometimes things do happen that make me stop and have a muse.
I seem to be talking to more and more people who haven't got a clue what I'm on about because they're too young!!
Then it makes me realise how long I've been around.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:52 AM

Susan, you've just about summed up my life too. Your words are well put together.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:56 AM

In hospital i mentioned to a young Irish nurse that it was sad Val Doonican had passed away, " Who" she replied, i felt ancient at that moment.

I try not to reflect on my life, it brings me no joy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 09:56 AM

Used to do a lot of reviewing, not now
The only times I look back on are the 60s, my time of joy (mostly) at least they are the parts I carry with me
Hang on to those good memories they will keep the smile on your face x
You came through it all and you have a lot to show for it
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 12:12 PM

It would do no good sending me a text because I keep my phone switched off - and if I received a complimentary message from my daughter, I'd wonder what she wanted!

When you're young, life seems to stretch into the infinite and it's hard to think about being old. I get my state pension in a couple of months, and suddenly I realise that I can see a lot further behind me than ahead of me. What I've got left, I'm going to spend it on having a good time.

So, here's a part quotation attributed to the Indian warrior, Tecumseh..

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Susan your post is well thought out and thought provoking.

We too have had times of difficulty, we got through them, me and moh do talk about what life we would have liked but it was not to be we got through it to this stage and we are happy, we laugh and joke about things, as you have to.

I agree how on earth did I get to this age, flew by.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 12:21 PM

I dont like to review my life as its far too depressing ,one thing ive always thought though is that I wont make old bones,im 51 atm and so far since ive been 50 more health problems have cropped up for me than ever before.
Im 51 but feel as if im 91 and I dont like it.
Things surely must even out soon I believe..so onwards and keep loooking forward to things ,aside from ailments im very contented in myself and my life so looking back over things would serve no purpose for me
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I dont like to review my life as its far too depressing ,one thing ive always thought though is that I wont make old bones,im 51 atm and so far since ive been 50 more health problems have cropped up for me than ever before.
Im 51 but feel as if im 91 and I dont like it.
keep loooking forward to things ,aside from ailments im very cThings surely must even out soon I believe..so onwards and ontented in myself and my life so looking back over things would serve no purpose for me

You have a good outlook and for that reason alone you deserve a rest from your ailments - hope the future is kinder to you x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top