Join for free
Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 05:45 PM

Merged Facebook threads.

Mod note: Please note that technically, Facebook is a competing site and we do not allow competing sites to be discussed here or given free advertising. However we appreciate that sometimes our members would like to discuss Facebook, especially about some of its practises and policies on important matters such as privacy. So we'll allow this one thread into which all future FB threads will be merged . However please do not post links to Facebook, or mention or invite others to add you or view pages or groups there. Thank you.

Well the powers that be within Face Book have now
admitted that:-

a) they have been selling personal information on people
b) that their privacy settings were hard to understand and split up in different places of the site
c) that they are worried about all the peodos and nut cases that inhabit the site.

I am still getting the occassional request from people on Dogsey to join FB so my question is:-

Do you think FB have really tried to make it secure?

Do you think they have changed their approach to peoples personal information?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

I am on Facebook but don't like it very much - I play the games I wouldn't allow a child to go on it though, also would watch what I say on it!

I have been thinking of coming off it - I just really joined it to find friends from the past and have found a couple of them thru' it!

I doubt they have changed all that much but time will tell I suppose.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 06:25 PM

I have never been on Facebook and have no inclination to do so in the future...
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 06:38 PM

I play games such as Farmville and mob wars on Face book.

I also see photos of my great niece-her mum and dad (my nephew) are now divorced and I`m saying nothing.

I guess we all dressed to kill? but when I see that girl I knew as a baby I do wonder . She was just 15 in the last photo I saw but looked like bloody jail bait
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 08:38 PM

I've been anti-FB since day one, for some reason I didn't trust them and it seems I was right.

I plan to launch an alternative social networking site at some point... one you can trust
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 08:42 PM

I joined a few years back at the urging of a friend; found it very confusing to navigate and barely used it. Thanks to a kind member here who posted instructions I was finally able to cancel. No regrets whatsoever.

Azz, I think I'd join yours, though!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I've been anti-FB since day one, for some reason I didn't trust them and it seems I was right.

I plan to launch an alternative social networking site at some point... one you can trust
You better get a move on Azz - and when you are a billionaire, don't forget your friends

BTW - there is a secure one in the making called Diaspora
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 09:57 PM

I am not sure about facebook. I would be very careful about putting much personal information or chat on, which might identify me - Occasionally I go on it and am often surprised at the things folk say. Both my children are on, as well as my neices and their children (which does make me feel uneasy). Not sure about it at all
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
You better get a move on Azz - and when you are a billionaire, don't forget your friends
Already thought about that - watch this space! And bookmark this post so you can hold me to it in future

PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Already thought about that - watch this space! And bookmark this post so you can hold me to it in future

Done!!!!

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top