Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:54 AM

Re: Kate Garraway

I didnt see it but I remember an interview with her. I remember particularly her saying when he was taken in the ambulance he seemed to know how serious it was....he told them all how much he loved them and asked the kids to look after mum.....so sad makes me want to cry thinking of them
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I didnt see it but I remember an interview with her. I remember particularly her saying when he was taken in the ambulance he seemed to know how serious it was....he told them all how much he loved them and asked the kids to look after mum.....so sad makes me want to cry thinking of them
oh i didnt know that, how sad. The poor man must have been so scared thinking he was goingbto die 😢 x
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 10:35 AM

Long covid affects approximately 10-15 per cent of the population, according to the World Health Organisation.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/med...us/ar-BB1eGaDN

An estimated 700,000 people in the UK have, or will soon have, long Covid, which is refers to cases where symptoms have persisted for three months or more.

Around one in ten of those who contract the virus will develop long-Covid and while most stem from severe cases a good number follow only mild symptoms.

It is unknown why some patients develop long-Covid while most do not, and currently no scientifically-proven treatments are available for it.

Symptoms of long Covid include fever and fatigue; anxiety, insomnia and brain fog; headaches and pins and needles; breathlessness and chest pain; diarrhoea and food intolerances, as well as rashes and vascular changes.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 09:27 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...-finding-derek

Kate has warned viewers about documentary. "The change in his body is shocking."
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

24-03-2021, 09:12 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...-latest-update

Extremely brave of her to share intimate conversations with her husband. Their two children a credit to them, showed a maturity far beyond their years, aware of how sick their Dad is but able to share precious light hearted moments with him as only children can. A lovely family who will be together again stronger than before.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:17 PM

I nearly cried when she disclosed that he felt he couldn't carry on, and wanted to die.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:23 PM

Not long ago there was an article in the Metro newspaper about a man who caught the virus back in March of last year and had been in hospital in a coma until recently. He recovered and was sent home. The country was not give a month by month update on this mans health, no persistent radio or TV interviews by the mans relatives. This man was a complete unknown but yet here we have Kate's husband in a coma due to the virus and the country gets a month by month update on his condition. Kate makes umpteen number of radio and TV interviews and I say to myself, 'what makes this woman and her husband so important that the country has to have monthly updates on his condition'. How many other long term virus suffers are there lying in hospital not being giving the same public limelight consideration that Kate and her husband are being given.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Not long ago there was an article in the Metro newspaper about a man who caught the virus back in March of last year and had been in hospital in a coma until recently. He recovered and was sent home. The country was not give a month by month update on this mans health, no persistent radio or TV interviews by the mans relatives. This man was a complete unknown but yet here we have Kate's husband in a coma due to the virus and the country gets a month by month update on his condition. Kate makes umpteen number of radio and TV interviews and I say to myself, 'what makes this woman and her husband so important that the country has to have monthly updates on his condition'. How many other long term virus suffers are there lying in hospital not being giving the same public limelight consideration that Kate and her husband are being given.
I understand your frustration, Dodge, but we live in a world of celebrity status now, and I think that's why we get these updates. She is a popular TV presenter (never watched her, myself though) and this is just the way the world swings nowadays.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

24-03-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Which is exactly the point made at the beginning of the programme giving a voice to those who would otherwise be anonymous. Raising awareness that people who have suffered as badly as her husband, might never fully recover from Covid physically and/or mentally and challenges they and the families face.

Kate interviewed a community nurse who contracted Covid but not hospitalised, who explained that the loss of her short term memory meant she couldn't even boil a pan of water.

Had a zoom call with the wife of a man who with twin brother both had covid, he recovered within weeks her husband is in a coma.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

24-03-2021, 09:57 PM

A very important point made was the randomness of Covid and the reasons, that eventually might be found, why there are vastly different reactions to it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top