Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:16 PM

Re: Kate Garraway

So sad for Kate and of course it showed to me so many others suffering . I immagine Kate has a lot of help being so well known , heartbreaking non the less and such nice kids too . Poor Derek my heart saddened when he cried .

Who would have thought we would live through a plague , who would have believed 1 year ago we would be hearing of so many sad deaths and sickness. We need hope for the future that's for sure
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Not long ago there was an article in the Metro newspaper about a man who caught the virus back in March of last year and had been in hospital in a coma until recently. He recovered and was sent home. The country was not give a month by month update on this mans health, no persistent radio or TV interviews by the mans relatives. This man was a complete unknown but yet here we have Kate's husband in a coma due to the virus and the country gets a month by month update on his condition. Kate makes umpteen number of radio and TV interviews and I say to myself, 'what makes this woman and her husband so important that the country has to have monthly updates on his condition'. How many other long term virus suffers are there lying in hospital not being giving the same public limelight consideration that Kate and her husband are being given.
Dodge, This is what troubles me. Thousands and thousands of people with Covid have died, or may still be lingering in a hospital bed or on a ventilator, not knowing if they are going to live or die. Their families beside themselves in grief, or others hoping that their loved one will survive. What about them?

Yes, l am really sorry for Kate’s husband, for her and her children but there seems to be a lot of cashing in on her plight. The interviews, the documentary, the book. Maybe, some of this money is going to help others who are not famous and can’t cash in.

I don’t know, maybe l am being unfair and hard but surely there should be some privacy in all of this?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:39 PM

Indeed, can see your point. As Kate does expect to be his main carer when he comes home is just anxious to get things sorted, alterations to the home as he will be unable to use stairs.

No idea if he will be able to work again a huge worry for anyone.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I don’t know, maybe l am being unfair and hard but surely there should be some privacy in all of this?
I agree with you. If I was desperately fighting for my life, that last thing I would want is for it to be splashed all over the internet!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree with you. If I was desperately fighting for my life, that last thing I would want is for it to be splashed all over the internet!
I take the point made by you, Art and Dodge.

However, it is also somewhat important to maintain the importance of recognising how particularly unpleasant Covid can actually be, especially since such a small proportion of the population has either had or witnessed it's potential severity.

Thus celebs, who are by definition high profile, are an excellent means to raise and maintain awareness.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:54 PM

Their choice as you mentioned before 'a popular TV Presenter'.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

25-03-2021, 05:06 PM

After leaving politics, her husband retrained as a psychotherapist and is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 07:00 PM

I found the programme about Derek so sad & although I don't know him I was wishing he could get back to a reasonable life with his family.
The whole family were brave, to show some of the awful scenes, and they made me realize how awful this disease has been for many families.

How awful that some people may never get the one they love back into their lives, as the person they always were.

I wish them all the very best!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I take the point made by you, Art and Dodge.

However, it is also somewhat important to maintain the importance of recognising how particularly unpleasant Covid can actually be, especially since such a small proportion of the population has either had or witnessed it's potential severity.

Thus celebs, who are by definition high profile, are an excellent means to raise and maintain awareness.
Aye? Do you not think we can’t imagine what millions of people have gone though? We hear it on the news and other ways all the time. l am sure we can imagine what it’s like, without famous celebrities making loads of money out of it, to inform us.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I found the programme about Derek so sad & although I don't know him I was wishing he could get back to a reasonable life with his family.
The whole family were brave, to show some of the awful scenes, and they made me realize how awful this disease has been for many families.

How awful that some people may never get the one they love back into their lives, as the person they always were.

I wish them all the very best!
Twink, Yes, they are brave and so are a lot of ‘ordinary joes’ who are suffering at this time. They are probably struggling financially with no way out of it. No book deals, documentary or interview payments for them.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top