Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 07:23 PM

Re: Personal Hygiene

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I often think it’s very sad if when people get older - or any time really no one touches or hugs them .
We are social animals we need others .
The human touch is just that - it’s what makes us human .

I entirely agree with that, Muddy.
I remember the 'oldies' where I used work, and when one lady said to me the only touch she received nowadays, was from doctors and medical people.
The elderly gentlemen felt just the same.
How sad is that.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 07:57 PM

Tis very sad Mups .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It depends entirely on what sort of nature/personality we have, plus childhood upbringing, as to whether we enjoy human contact or not.

Warm, affectionate people usually like to give affection, and are usually happy to receive it too.
It is as natural to them as breathing.

Right from childhood, didn't we all stop crying if our grazed knee was magically kissed better?
And what about cuddling up to a favourite soft toy when in bed at night, or cuddling the family dog, or sitting on Grandad's lap while being told a story?
Aren't those acts of giving contact natural and healthy?

In fact, I would be very worried if a child rejected all affection as I know that can be a sign of more serious problems.
Sadly, it is often as we get older, that some become so reluctant to display a loving touch to another human.

So I for one, believe human contact given through genuine caring, is a good thing.
It is also not all about what we like to receive either, it also seeing that appropriate touch can give much comfort to those in need, too.

I have lived on my own for many years now, and mostly I manage, although I do sometimes miss human touch, and I am not ashamed of saying that one bit.
I miss giving too, because I have always been rather impulsively affectionate by nature.

Luckily my dogs are good company and also very affectionate. I would never want to live enirely alone, I can't imagine anything worse.

I hope I never have a cold heart.
Excellent post Mups, and if we ever meet, there is a big hug coming your way.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 09:13 PM

It depends entirely on what sort of nature/personality we have, plus childhood upbringing, as to whether we enjoy human contact or not.

Warm, affectionate people usually like to give affection, and are usually happy to receive it too.

Right from childhood, didn't we all stop crying if our grazed knee was magically kissed better?
And what about cuddling up to a favourite soft toy when in bed at night, or cuddling the family dog, or sitting on Grandad's lap while being told a story?

In fact, I would be very worried if a child rejected all affection as I know that can be a sign of more serious problems.
Sadly, it is often as we get older, that some become so reluctant to display a loving touch to another human.

So I for one, believe human contact given through genuine caring, is a good thing.
It is also not all about what we like to receive either, it also seeing that appropriate touch can give much comfort to those in need, too.

I have lived on my own for many years now, and mostly I manage, although I do sometimes miss human touch, and I am not ashamed of saying that one bit.
I miss giving too, because I have always been rather impulsively affectionate by nature.

Luckily my dogs are good company and also very affectionate. I would never want to live enirely alone, I can't imagine anything worse.

This is a lovely post and the reason why I have always warmed to you. You are just my kind of person, full of kindness, love and affection. We need more people like you in this world Mupsy. I wish I could give you a big squeezy hug right now, your post really warmed my cockles.

Love it, love you xxxx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 11:08 PM

Thanks ever so much Foxy and Queenie. x x
Just writing how I feel, and I'll never change now.
We are as we are.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:40 AM

Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:50 AM

Good morning all, hope you are all in fine fettle. Have a good day, stay safe and well. God bless.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

21-07-2020, 08:34 AM

I have never lived entirely alone, but I don't think it would bother me as long as I could call on someone if I was in need.

I wouldn't wish to be any different to the way I am, or I wouldn't be me.

As a kid I was told off if I had a grazed knee or worse injury, as it was usually down to me having done something I was forbidden to do.

When I was about 8 I remember getting knocked over by one of the little trucks I was driving, which my father had for had horticultural business, one had to get off to turn the steering column around. My mother was very annoyed with me for not having sorted it out properly.

My childhood wasn't perfect, but I count myself fortunate compared to many other kids of my acquaintance in those far off days.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top