Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 02:50 PM

Re: Do You Hover When You Have Someone Doing Work In Your Home?

I always Hoover, but, only after the Tradesperson has finished and left the premises.
Button
NW England
Button is female  Button has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 03:00 PM

I leave them to it but usually stay in the house if workmen are around. Unfortunately, I have had items stolen in the past so now I think it's best if I don't go out but there is a decorator that I've known for years who I trust completely and I can go out for the day if he's doing work for me. They all get teas/coffees and usually a sandwich.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Button ->
I leave them to it but usually stay in the house if workmen are around. Unfortunately, I have had items stolen in the past so now I think it's best if I don't go out but there is a decorator that I've known for years who I trust completely and I can go out for the day if he's doing work for me. They all get teas/coffees and usually a sandwich.
Ditto. One of us will usually stay in. The only exception to this was when we had a new boiler fitted and we would be without hot water for a couple of days. We give the plumber, a local bloke, a key, gathered up all our jewellery and stuff, and went away for a couple of nights. We returned home and he'd not touched a thing, just got on with the job in hand, cleaned up after himself, and, generally, did a brilliant job.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Has it ever worked?
Not since the court case.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 06:54 PM

I have a nervious breakdown if almost anyone is working in the house having had a plumber working in the bathroom who went off for lunch, flooded the bathroom and the kitchen below ruining the expensive Lara Ashley wallpaper I had just finished putting on the kitchen walls, a roofer who charged me to put insulation in the kitchen cealing but didn't put any in and finally the subcontracted fitters (for Magnet and Southern) who were fitting my kitchen and after a catalogue of disasters had to be told to leave my house while I still had one and not to come back
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:19 PM

Blimey Meg! That was a lot to contend with.

I have my decorator returning on 6th August to paint the staircase walls, and woodwork, and walls top and bottom. Just a two day job, it’s reckoned. I say my decorator, I have only had him once before, when he did some rooms prior to my move in/prior to lockdown. I will be around for the first day, but not interfere, and will leave him while I take dog for a walk. However, I don’t know if it will be the one I had or his partner. But for the Friday I will have to leave either for Holly’s groom, so will just have to trust them.

The problem here is keeping the dog out of his way! She spends hours up on my bed and as he is doing the stairway, I will have to keep her away.

Unfortunately my doggy daycarer is not taking any in while she has the kids at home, the crèche is expensive, or there is the kennels, at £20 a day. I am hoping to find other dog walkers/sitters to keep all my options open so maybe I will strike lucky. I might have to put up a barrier at the foot of the stairs, but there isn’t much room.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:31 PM

2. At intervals, do you peep through the crack in the door to spy on them?
but it's the crack appearing above the knicker elastic ... why do they do that?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Seduction.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a nervious breakdown if almost anyone is working in the house having had a plumber working in the bathroom who went off for lunch, flooded the bathroom and the kitchen below ruining the expensive Lara Ashley wallpaper I had just finished putting on the kitchen walls, a roofer who charged me to put insulation in the kitchen cealing but didn't put any in and finally the subcontracted fitters (for Magnet and Southern) who were fitting my kitchen and after a catalogue of disasters had to be told to leave my house while I still had one and not to come back
Anyone with Laura Ashley wallpaper deserves all they get!

Can't beat painted magnolia or similar plain plaster with white ceilings and in our case exposed original wooden beams.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Prevents condensation and mold?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top