Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 06:52 PM

How did you meet

It's mine and Johns wedding anniversary today, 43 years, met 44 years ago and married a year later.

I met him at a town hall dance when I was just turned 16 and he was almost 19. I remember seeing him across the room and thinking phwoar, that same night we had our first kiss in this bus station and we arranged to meet the day after.
John told me the day after when we were supposed to meet he was supposed to be going to the seaside with his mates on the motor bikes, he set off to go with his mates but turned back to come meet me, gosh, I'm so glad he did, he's made me so very happy and we are so lucky to have found each other, I was a just turned 17 year old when we married, where does the time go.

So where and when did you meet your partner?

I look forward to reading this thread so get typing.

Happy Anniversary to me and John.

We are going away for the weekend tomorrow to Berwick upon Tweed, staying in a farmhouse, I can't wait!

The picture is where we had our first kiss 44 years ago, Cleckheaton Bus Station!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	cleckbusstation.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	13243  
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:07 PM

Re: How did you meet

I was 12 when we met, was up north with my folks and got really friendly with his sister. Spent most of the time at their farm while my folks did what they wanted.
He was younger but always hung around, we got on well though. Always kept in touch and met in the holidays. Kind of went our own ways after we left school but I started going back up north again after my marriage ended and bumped into himself again. We became best buddies and he was always on the phone. I spent a lot of time up at his place....as friends only, but after a year we ended up together.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:08 PM

I walked through a gateway while fumbling in my bag and straight into a handsome tanned man coming the other way. I was so embarrassed

I heard the army officer who rented a flat in the shared courtyard of the little restaurant I was running had retuned from the middle East and guessed it must him.

The next morning there was a note through the door saying 'Come for dinner with me tonight, tomorrow night and every night' so I did I should say apparently he had been watching me for days as I walked to and from work with my little dog Bunny.

Happy Anniversary Lion Queen
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:11 PM

Oh wow Meg how romantic !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh wow Meg how romantic !
It was after that first date I returned home to my lodgings to find a confused landlady, a number of bouquet of flowers had been delivered and she didn't know where to put them all
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:15 PM

sigh .........
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:33 PM

Early 80s, I was sharing a house in Fulham with a bunch of punks, I'd just moved out to my first own property, another guy was moving to Italy with his girlfriend, Portuguese. He arrange farewell drinks and buffet in a Greek Restaurant. I found myself sitting across the table from the most beautiful woman, Portuguese, friend of a friend of the hostess. It was love at first sight.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:42 PM

First I would like to offer my Congratulations to Mr Mrs Lion Queen.

Mine and beloveds encounter has no romantic story.

We were both in a crowded Travel Agents, and as the people exited, eventually there were just the two of us left.

Yes I guess you could say she was the last Resort....
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 09:19 PM

My husband to be was in the 82nd Airborne Division stationed in Italy. I dont know how i got hold of the U.S. Forces newspaper but i wrote and asked if anyone wanted to be a penfriend ! yer know paper/pen/stamp !, got a lot of replies, but my paratrooper's letters, there was something about them, anyway we were writing for a year , he came to England on leave, took him to Edinburgh, we got on fine. He had to go back to his unit said he'd be back, 10 months he arrived at my doostep that time we were married. His unit went back to the USA i followed shortly after to Ft. Bragg, NC. He said he never really had time to look at the forces newspaper, but that day he did, and saw my ad ! it was meant to be. We were married for 26 wonderful years making happy memories. He passed away 9 years ago but i still miss that wonderful man, my husband. God Bless him.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 09:25 PM

Had a chequered history, fell lucky.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top