Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 10:27 PM

Re: How did you meet

I met Annie and her family at a father's day BBQ in 1986 at the home of a mutual friend. I'd heard about her but never met her till then. It sounds corny and cheesy but from that first day I knew she was the one. She was just so warm, friendly and totally gorgeous. We crossed paths for another year. Took another year for things to progress. Married a couple of years later. That's it.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 11:08 PM

My parents moved from NY state to Florida just before my 11th year in high school. I had to leave all my friends and my boyfriend. I was so upset, very negative, so my mother tried to placate me by saying, "There is a young man your age living right across the street."
I whipped the curtains back to look at the house and immediately said sarcastically, "Well, I'll just marry him I suppose!"

Two years later that is exactly what happened.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 11:17 PM

Met my late OH on a blind date. Though as he was one of the crowd my friend & I hung around with I did know him by sight & when I went to the car I thought, 'Oh no not him' We were married nearly 50 years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 11:33 PM

Wishing you both a very happy Anniversary, Queenie, and I hope you have a great weekend away. x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It's mine and Johns wedding anniversary today, 43 years, met 44 years ago and married a year later.

I met him at a town hall dance when I was just turned 16 and he was almost 19. I remember seeing him across the room and thinking phwoar, that same night we had our first kiss in this bus station and we arranged to meet the day after.
John told me the day after when we were supposed to meet he was supposed to be going to the seaside with his mates on the motor bikes, he set off to go with his mates but turned back to come meet me, gosh, I'm so glad he did, he's made me so very happy and we are so lucky to have found each other, I was a just turned 17 year old when we married, where does the time go.

So where and when did you meet your partner?

I look forward to reading this thread so get typing.

Happy Anniversary to me and John.

We are going away for the weekend tomorrow to Berwick upon Tweed, staying in a farmhouse, I can't wait!

The picture is where we had our first kiss 44 years ago, Cleckheaton Bus Station!
Happy anniversary to you both
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 03:09 AM

Happy Anniversary, congrats on 43 years!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 07:00 AM

Happy anniversary LQ and MrLQ.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 07:02 AM

Gone With The Wind...........
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Happy anniversary from me too Queenie....hope you both have a lovely day.

I worked very close to where my hubby worked ...he told me he saw me going for lunch every day...one day he made sure he caught up with me and asked me out. I'm not sure why I said yes because I wasn't attracted to him at the time but I did and here I am decades later.....he can't get rid of me
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 10:33 AM

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Lion Queen.....Have a great weekend.....

Mrs Fox was sat in a pub with her boyfriend. I had never seen her or her boyfriend in my local before, but she was sat with a gang of people who were my friends and they called me over...

I could see she was laughing at all of my jokes, so I gave her my best repertoire, much to the resentment of her boyfriend.
I left the pub in time for some supper at the chippy next door, and that was the last I saw of her until a couple of weeks later.

It was around ten PM and she was walking home with her friend, I passed them in my car and recognised her, so I stopped and asked them if they would like to accompany me for a chinese meal in town...(couldn't do that now..)
Mrs Fox was already climbing in the car, but her friend was nervous about getting in a car with a strange bloke, so she carried on walking home.

After the meal I drove her back to her house and we sat talking until the early hours, we had so much in common, and she told me that she had dumped her boyfriend on that same evening, the first time that she met me. He was boring apparently...I've managed to keep her laughing for the last 48 years....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top