Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 11:16 AM

Nice of them

Just been to Morrison’s this morning for the weekly shop, at the till we were chatting to the assistant about masks, Mrs p makes ours and the assistant was admiring them, Mrs p happened to mention that I worked in a care home and needed to wear one all the time...so she gave us a discount, saved £11 on our shopping
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 12:13 PM

Re: Nice of them

Well done on that huge saving on your shopping Primus.
Well deserved!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 12:22 PM

That was very kind of the assistant Primus and as SG says, well deserved.

How is your job going? I hope you’re enjoying it more than your last job.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

18-07-2020, 03:44 PM

I have bought reusable masks for when I do my supermarket shopping once a week. I don't need to wear one when I go out for my daily walk as the area I live in isn't awash with people. Apart from that I stay at home.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That was very kind of the assistant Primus and as SG says, well deserved.

How is your job going? I hope you’re enjoying it more than your last job.
Yes mags, enjoying it very much, there was a moment a few weeks back when the head housekeeper and I had a bit of an argument, she thinks she’s everyone’s boss, but she certainly isn’t mine, but it’s all ok now, loads less stress, lots of painting rooms as they become vacant ( and there’s been a lot lately as you can imagine) and general repairs, funnily enough, our dryer broke last week and the engineer who came was a nice young lad who actually took my job, he started in January but doesn’t think he will stay, as he doesn’t enjoy it,
I think I’m less stressed now because I’m in a position where I could, if I wanted, retire, but I like what I do now, the first time in many years, which makes such a difference, so as long as it stays that way, I’ll work a few more years..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes mags, enjoying it very much, there was a moment a few weeks back when the head housekeeper and I had a bit of an argument, she thinks she’s everyone’s boss, but she certainly isn’t mine, but it’s all ok now, loads less stress, lots of painting rooms as they become vacant ( and there’s been a lot lately as you can imagine) and general repairs, funnily enough, our dryer broke last week and the engineer who came was a nice young lad who actually took my job, he started in January but doesn’t think he will stay, as he doesn’t enjoy it,
I think I’m less stressed now because I’m in a position where I could, if I wanted, retire, but I like what I do now, the first time in many years, which makes such a difference, so as long as it stays that way, I’ll work a few more years..
I’m so pleased it has all worked out well for you Primus, there’s always one awkward person in a work place isn’t there .... glad she realised you wouldn’t stand any nonsense...
Primus1
York

18-07-2020, 05:29 PM

It was quite funny really, it was the day before I went on holiday for two weeks ( stayed at home) I’d been on the phone to my boss and had told him I was ready to go, he said he’s got my back and to enjoy my time off, my first day back he called to say he was coming up the following day but I’d missed his call , when he came up he couldn’t see my car in the car park ( but I’d picked up my new on a few days before) he was sweating a bit as he thought I’d gone...😆
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

18-07-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It was quite funny really, it was the day before I went on holiday for two weeks ( stayed at home) I’d been on the phone to my boss and had told him I was ready to go, he said he’s got my back and to enjoy my time off, my first day back he called to say he was coming up the following day but I’d missed his call , when he came up he couldn’t see my car in the car park ( but I’d picked up my new on a few days before) he was sweating a bit as he thought I’d gone...😆
sounds like you had him worried for a while.....
Primus1
York

18-07-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
sounds like you had him worried for a while.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I have bought reusable masks for when I do my supermarket shopping once a week. I don't need to wear one when I go out for my daily walk as the area I live in isn't awash with people. Apart from that I stay at home.
Hi MP, I'm like you. I bought a packet of 10 reusable masks early in the lockdown, but only use one with matching blue plastic gloves to go to the medical centre. as it is necessary. Otherwise I stay put indoors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top