Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 01:44 AM

Close call with death

Today as I was walking to the super market, I came within a second of dying. I waited at the corner for the light to change to "walk". Being in Mexico, I know full well that the natives pay little attention to things like red lights. I double checked and saw that 3 of the 4 oncoming lanes had stopped. No one appeared to be in that 4th lane. I started across the street in the crosswalk. Just as I reached the middle of the street, a car came out of nowhere and flashed passed me at a high rate of speed, just missing me by a few inches. Had a been able to take a single step more that dirty ***** would certainly have killed me.

That type of irresponsible behavior is yet one more reason why Mexico is, and will always remain, a 3rd world country.
They simply do not care about any law; traffic OR criminal law.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 01:47 AM

Re: Close call with death

Thank goodness you're ok, just be careful is all I can say
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

20-07-2020, 10:20 AM

Re: Close call with death

I have had many close calls with death during my 70 years on this planet, many of them down to my own stupidity.

When I say to my kids, "Don't do anything I would do", their eyes travel skywards as they assure me they would never be that stupid.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top