Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Re: Another stabbing

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Its a bit like the western times when all the young ones carried guns and thought nothing of killing another . Why is it these days a lot of people have no regard for human life? It seems we are going backwards and becoming uncivilised.

Never in a million years would it ever enter my head to carry a knife or any weapon, I don't ever recall anyone being stabbed or shot when I was a teenager, back in my day they fought with their fists to settle a score. I do however remember a woman glassing someone but it was rare to see or hear about anything like that.
As long as those who carry guns stick to shooting each other, that can only be to our good.

Let them kill each other off.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

20-07-2020, 01:39 PM

I am glad it is illegal to own a gun for protection in the UK, it hasn't done the US any good at all that they have the right to own the things. Anyone carrying any sort of weapon in the UK should spend a long time in prison, imo.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I am glad it is illegal to own a gun for protection in the UK, it hasn't done the US any good at all that they have the right to own the things. Anyone carrying any sort of weapon in the UK should spend a long time in prison, imo.
Which will result in a confrontation with the police resulting in an increased likelihood of a policeman being shot in order for the crim to avoid capture.

The other thing is an old but very true "chestnut" that when guns are illegal only criminals will have guns. It's what is increasingly happening today in the inner city slums and colonies.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Which will result in a confrontation with the police resulting in an increased likelihood of a policeman being shot in order for the crim to avoid capture.

The other thing is an old but very true "chestnut" that when guns are illegal only criminals will have guns. It's what is increasingly happening today in the inner city slums and colonies.
Monkeypuzzle is making the same mistake I have seen so many times: comparing us to the US!

I have yet to hear one of these people explain how most European police forces routinely carry guns, yet the problems faced in America don't seem to arise there.

Now look at Switzerland, a very peaceful country, where even the public are permitted to own firearms. How very strange! Perhaps it is something more to do with America specifically, than the right to bear arms.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Or that America is a truly horrible place made even worse in recent years by Democrat politicians with Barack Hussein being by far the worst of a bad bunch.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Or that America is a truly horrible place made even worse in recent years by Democrat politicians with Barack Hussein being by far the worst of a bad bunch.
Think one might be digressing a little, if one doesn't mind one saying?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top