Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:25 PM

Re: It's Not Natural....

Perhaps it's something to do with social distancing, you know, No more than one yolk inside this egg at any one time. there's a shop in my town with a sign up saying the very same thing. The funny thing is, I have NEVER seen more than one person inside. Normally empty in fact.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps it's something to do with social distancing, you know, No more than one yolk inside this egg at any one time. there's a shop in my town with a sign up saying the very same thing. The funny thing is, I have NEVER seen more than one person inside. Normally empty in fact.
Perhaps the sign is wishful thinking Longdogs...
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Moral of the story is "Never put all of your eggs in the same basket, you may get lucky."
Thanks for the fun, you guys.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 06:44 PM

I was surprised at how many boxes of smashed eggs were in Tesco last week. Someone had put them in a box on the floor by the egg section. I picked up a box from the display, I always check them & one of those eggs was smashed too, so I added it to the box on the floor, the next box I picked was OK so that went in the trolley, there must have been some very heavy handed shelf stackers in there that evening.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 06:47 PM

In the 15 years or so, since l have kept hens. I have only had one, maybe two double yolkers.

I wonder why they bring us so much joy?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 09:45 PM

I would like to retract my earlier comments.

Two double and a tripple yolker in the pan for lunch from a metric dozen box of Big 'n Free eggs.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
On my mind for over a month, I've got to ask you all...
has anyone else noticed that since this isolation period with Covid there are no more double yolkers in eggs? I used to love being surprised when cracking open an egg to find two yolks! It's considered good luck, like finding a penny with heads up.
I have come to the conclusion that even roosters and chickens aren't acting naturally, in isolation. And don't get me started on rabbits....where are all the rabbits?!? In isolation, too?

I have had one double yolk,Right Now....but that was before lock down,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have had one double yolk,Right Now....but that was before lock down,
Right Now, and before Lock Down, make your mind up.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
In the 15 years or so, since l have kept hens. I have only had one, maybe two double yolkers.

I wonder why they bring us so much joy?
Artie, I think because it's rare, and considered good luck! Another gift of foolish superstition, like finding a four leaf clover on the lawn.
Or maybe, it's a "double your pleasure, double your fun" type of thing.
Right Now
upstate New York US

23-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Oh, fruitcake, you have made my day!! All those yolks in one pan, you are one lucky fella!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top