Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 04:08 PM

House for sale at £2,000.....but

.....it needs work.

Frankly it needs tearing down and rebulit, but what fascinated me was the fact there are still so many personal items left lying amidst the muck and rubbish. The walls are full of mould, yet there are pictures and photos on the walls. Its like someone woke up and thought "I can't live here anymore" and walked out.

Its going to auction, so will go for more than £2,000.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....on-just-2-000/
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 04:17 PM

Re: House for sale at £2,000.....but

OMG. I'll bet that goes for around £25-30k. Then it will need another £20-25k spending on it to make it habitable.

The article says it's a leasehold property (long lease) so I wonder what the annual ground rent is and what uplifts will be applied every 10yrs. Another question, who is the Freeholder of the property? The local council?

One to avoid with a very long barge pole if you ask me.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 04:58 PM

I'm not really sure how a leasehold works, to be honest, Percy. Its not something we do in Scotland. We get a mortgage, pay it off and the house is ours. Is a leasehold house ever your own? Freeholder? haha, I'm lost now. And yes, one to be avoided at any rate unless you have millions in the bank to do it up. Such a shame
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:01 PM

Bradford? Absolutely not under any circumstances even as a quick-flip.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

18-02-2021, 05:03 PM

Is it a bad place, Todger? I haven't been there, so don't know.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm not really sure how a leasehold works, to be honest, Percy. Its not something we do in Scotland. We get a mortgage, pay it off and the house is ours. Is a leasehold house ever your own? Freeholder? haha, I'm lost now. And yes, one to be avoided at any rate unless you have millions in the bank to do it up. Such a shame
So do we Sassenachs, Pixie.

This is how it works down here:

Freehold: Someone who owns the freehold of a property owns the property and the land it stands on, for an unlimited period.
Leasehold: Unlike a freeholder, as a leaseholder you own the property BUT NOT the land on which it is built – that is owned by the freeholder.

More, impartial, information about Leasehold can be found here: https://www.lease-advice.org/
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:07 PM

Bradford is now a horrible place thanks to immigration. It is not alone in the UK, especially England and for the same reason.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:09 PM

You would need to speak fluent Urdu, have a hazmat suit, body armour, and an up to date Passport, Pixie!

Apart from that it is OK.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:10 PM

Omg I bet there's a few rats living in that place eeeek .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:12 PM

Yuk there might have been a body in there rotting for years...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top