Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:14 PM

Re: House for sale at £2,000.....but

Oh my word ! Enough paper in there to light a bonfire ! Considerable water damage ? Hmmm ...that could well mean someone simply walked out ?
An agent will probably make a killing .
Bradford was a lovely place to go for a treat ,shoppin and to the theatre when I was a girl .
My mother used to take me several times a year .
Ruined totally now of course .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Oh my word ! Enough paper in there to light a bonfire ! Considerable water damage ? Hmmm ...that could well mean someone simply walked out ?
An agent will probably make a killing .
Bradford was a lovely place to go for a treat ,shoppin and to the theatre when I was a girl .
My mother used to take me several times a year .
Ruined totally now of course .
Perhaps the result of a fire being put out?

I've seen worse properties on Homes Under The Hammer being sold at auction then being done up and the results are astounding.

Whoever buys it will make some money, no doubt, but I reckon that place will go on the rental market rather than be sold on.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
So do we Sassenachs, Pixie.

This is how it works down here:

Freehold: Someone who owns the freehold of a property owns the property and the land it stands on, for an unlimited period.
Leasehold: Unlike a freeholder, as a leaseholder you own the property BUT NOT the land on which it is built – that is owned by the freeholder.

More, impartial, information about Leasehold can be found here: https://www.lease-advice.org/
Oh thanks, Percy! Yes that's helpful
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You would need to speak fluent Urdu, have a hazmat suit, body armour, and an up to date Passport, Pixie!

Apart from that it is OK.
oooer! Ok, well....maybe just as well I haven't been there then!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

18-02-2021, 06:34 PM

Overall Bradford isn't maybe the best place to live then. (not that I was thinking of moving, I just couldn't get over the price of that house) It was someone's home, with their things still in it, and it just looks terribly sad and neglected. Don't know how they could have coped with all that mould on the walls though, that's pretty disgusting.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 06:48 PM

I just looked at the area on Google Streets . I’ve seen much much worse ! There are trees and grassy patches and what looks like a children’s play area across the road .
The mould surely a result of the water damage?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

18-02-2021, 06:54 PM

I just looked at the area on Google Streets . I’ve seen much much worse ! There are trees and grassy patches and what looks like a children’s play area across the road .
The mould surely a result of the water damage?
You would think so, with the way the ceiling are falling in. I do wonder why they weren't fixed though? Money maybe? It must affect the wiring and everything. Thats what I meant in the original post - it needs tearing down and rebuilding from scratch. Surely its gone too far to fix up?
Zuleika
North West UK

18-02-2021, 07:12 PM

Must be worth saving for it to go up for auction ? I’d love to know who lived there . I’m going to have another look inside lol .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

18-02-2021, 07:17 PM

Must be worth saving for it to go up for auction ? I’d love to know who lived there . I’m going to have another look inside lol .
The seem awfully young going by the clothes lying around. I noticed some bottles of alcohol too. Very sad.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yuk there might have been a body in there rotting for years...
Eeek! I feel a story coming on!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top