Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 10:05 PM

Re: Vegan or vegitarian.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Strict vegetarian for some thirty years.

Most produce, eggs, cheese, from small local organic farms including my own little garden patch.

No palm oil. Ever.
What about Fish Surfer, one of the most nutritious foods on the planet?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What about Fish Surfer, one of the most nutritious foods on the planet?
Nope, no fish either, OGF.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:01 AM

No never, never. I love steak too much.

My brother’s wife and his daughters are vegetarians. They always had white faces.
She fed the children on grains. Once they were rushed into hospital as too much grain did something to their stomachs.

I don’t think children should be brought up as vegetarians, they should be allowed to make that choice when they are old enough.

Being a ‘healthy’ vegetarian didn’t save Linda McCartney.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, vegans athe biggest destroyers of Rainforests and killers of Orangutans on the planet
I have had this discussion with my vegan friends. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what we eat, humans are destroying the planet.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:08 AM

I would be a vegetarian but I think it would be a nuisance for the rest of the family and I try to eat as little meat as possible.
I don't think it would make me healthier it's just that I hate the needless cruelty some livestock animals are subjected to.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Strict vegetarian for some thirty years.

Most produce, eggs, cheese, from small local organic farms including my own little garden patch.

No palm oil. Ever.
Soya is just as bad.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Soya is just as bad.
Annie, Isn’t most of it Genetically Modified now?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-02-2021, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I would be a vegetarian but I think it would be a nuisance for the rest of the family and I try to eat as little meat as possible.
I don't think it would make me healthier it's just that I hate the needless cruelty some livestock animals are subjected to.
I tried to be a vegan then that didn't work so I tried veggie. That did not work either, I felt totally wiped out, half dead. So I was a pescatarian for over a year. However I was still missing vital nutrients. I seem to have some absorption issues where I need animal protein or I just feel like a limp dishcloth. I have some nut allergies and can't eat gluten so it's just complicated enough. The intention is there but I have just come to the conclusion that humans harm living things whatever their life choices.

I've tried to explain to my vegan friends how the economics work but it's a bit like trying to discuss covid with someone who thinks it's all a conspiracy. IMO it's humans who are the problem. We are like locusts basically whether we kill beasts or not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-02-2021, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, Isn’t most of it Genetically Modified now?
I'm not sure Art, but it messes up biodiversity. People don't realise how much we mess up the planet just growing the wrong crops en masse. There is no win win. We should really just be eating less but that's not exactly palatable (no pun intended!)
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:40 AM

There's only one thing destroying the planet (apart from possible asteroid hits) and that's the success of human species. There's just too damned many of us!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top