Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 07:55 AM

Re: Vegan or vegitarian.

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
There's only one thing destroying the planet (apart from possible asteroid hits) and that's the success of human species. There's just too damned many of us!
I read somewhere recently (can't find it now) that humans have overstayed their time on earth. We should have become extinct years ago as is the natural order of evolution - but thanks to our medicines and technology, we are stretching ourselves way beyond the norm.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I don’t think children should be brought up as vegetarians, they should be allowed to make that choice when they are old enough.

Being a ‘healthy’ vegetarian didn’t save Linda McCartney.
I agree....children need a balanced diet of meat & veggies. I also can't stand that people have the audacity to make their pets eat a vegan diet. What is wrong with giving a carnivore meat?!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 07:56 AM

There is nothing inherently wrong with palm oil especially if it is grown in peninsular Malaysia, I am quite happy to buy it. It is essentially replacing exhausted rubber plantations, I have friends that are doing this.

There is plenty of sustainable palm oil available.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I read somewhere recently (can't find it now) that humans have overstayed their time on earth. We should have become extinct years ago as is the natural order of evolution - but thanks to our medicines and technology, we are stretching ourselves way beyond the norm.
How did they work that one out? Humans have only been around for 6 million years, Homo Sapiens only for 300000 years

The dinosaurs were here for 170 million years and their descendants still hang about in trees.

If the total human population of the planet formed a loose crowd (say 1sq m each) then everybody would fit in North Yorkshire.

Saying we have overstayed is a nonsense however we are making our presence felt.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 09:20 AM

I know...I shouldn't really have posted without a link to back it up. I'll try and find it, to give a fuller explanation.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:21 AM

I am a veggie . Can recommend the lifestyle.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:26 AM

I do not eat pork .
I cannot bear the thought of what this super intelligent animal suffers before and during slaughter .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:32 AM

When my children were at secondary school. My eldest daughter came home and said, ‘l am not eating eggs any more as my teacher says, ‘Eggs are a chicken’s period’.
Even now, when she does have an egg, she will only eat the white.

Some years on, another of my daughters stopped eating meat as the teacher told the class, ‘Meat is murder’.
These days, she will eat chicken but mostly vegetarian ‘meat type’ products and lots of vegetables.

I don’t think teachers should say scaremongering stuff like that to children.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:38 AM

If all the people in the world stopped eating meat. What would happen to the animals? Where would they be kept?

Would they put be put on birth control medication or have a hysterectomy? Would all the males be castrated?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There is nothing inherently wrong with palm oil especially if it is grown in peninsular Malaysia, I am quite happy to buy it. It is essentially replacing exhausted rubber plantations, I have friends that are doing this.

There is plenty of sustainable palm oil available.

It is ruining the wildlife habitat of Malaysia .
If you had been there you would see the miles and miles of devastation caused by the palm oil plantations
Nothing lives in a Palm oil plantation they are dead of animal life barring a few insects .
The rainforest full of diversity is being decimated in favour of palm oil . The orangutangs are being wiped out as are many other species of animal life and fauna .They are a major factor in climate change worldwide . The rainforests the lungs of the world are dying in pursuit of profit .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have had this discussion with my vegan friends. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what we eat, humans are destroying the planet.
I agree with that Annie.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top