Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 05:10 PM

Re: Vegan or vegitarian.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Pea milk sounds interesting. Haven't tried it but will when I see it - better yet, once I purchase it and take it home.
Yeah, best not try it when on the shelf, SM....might get into a spot of bother there!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 12:49 PM

I just can't understand how somebody can not have the occasional Big Mac, or Ginsters Cornish Pasty...
When I was working on the road I would have starved to death or died of dehydration if there had not been any Mcdonalds en route.... I've yet to meet a vegan or veggie courier, lettuce and cabbage just doesn't travel well...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I just can't understand how somebody can not have the occasional Big Mac, or Ginsters Cornish Pasty...
When I was working on the road I would have starved to death or died of dehydration if there had not been any Mcdonalds en route.... I've yet to meet a vegan or veggie courier, lettuce and cabbage just doesn't travel well...
We all make our own rules, OGF. No judgment from me.

Surferdad is a vegetarian and travels for a living. Trust me, he ain't starving .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 05:08 PM

I have always described myself an an 'almost vegetarian', in that I like fish but avoid meat.
Until recently, that is, when Marge persuaded me to try more meat. Fair enough, I thought, as Marge likes meat more than I do and if she's cooking for us both it's a bit unfair to ask her not to eat meat!
So now I'm happy to eat meat - providing is has no fat or gristle. It has to be the finest lean meat to pass my lips. My mouth is a temple!

A vegan, though? You must be joking!
What is the possible objection to milk or milk products? Do animals have to be killed to provide us with milk? Do we mistreat animals who we keep for milk? Is milk unhealthy?
I'm at a total loss to understand any vegan logic.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What is the possible objection to milk or milk products? Do animals have to be killed to provide us with milk? Do we mistreat animals who we keep for milk? Is milk unhealthy?
I'm at a total loss to understand any vegan logic.
The thing with milk is that its baby cow food. So in order to produce tons of milk, the cow has to think she having a baby. They do this by pumping her full of hormones, artificially inseminating her so she gets pregnant, (then they take the baby away from her and do it all over again) The boys get killed for meat, and the girls get to grow up and be like their mothers. Also, to prevent infection from all this, they also give the cow lots of antibiotics. So, while I am a milk fan - I'm vastly reducing the cow milk, and switching to plant based milk - which is actually really nice.

P.S - Not a vegan. Just trying to make better food choices.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 08:37 PM

Tonight we had broccoli and cheese sauce.

A weekly supper dish for us. Scrummy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
The thing with milk is that its baby cow food. So in order to produce tons of milk, the cow has to think she having a baby. They do this by pumping her full of hormones, artificially inseminating her so she gets pregnant, (then they take the baby away from her and do it all over again) The boys get killed for meat, and the girls get to grow up and be like their mothers. Also, to prevent infection from all this, they also give the cow lots of antibiotics. So, while I am a milk fan - I'm vastly reducing the cow milk, and switching to plant based milk - which is actually really nice.

P.S - Not a vegan. Just trying to make better food choices.
Hmmm ... not entirely true.

She doesn't think she's having a baby, she has had a baby.

No pumping hormones whatsoever, or the use of antibiotic unnecessarily.

Artificially insemination is expensive and used in the production of prize breeding stock.

The castrated boys and 90+% of the girls get killed for meat once they've grown up.

They live in the big outdoors, it's been going on for 1000s of years.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top