Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 10:46 AM

Is there anything you miss.

As in, what you were once able to do, but due to maybe age/ health, are unable to do now.?

How about your confidence ,has that been affected,in certain areas?

I miss being a cook ,in residential / nursing homes, no way could I cook for 50 residents/ staff, at my age....

I also miss the strength I used to have, lifting heavy objects in the garden.etc......
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 11:26 AM

Re: Is there anything you miss.

I badly miss not climbing mountains any more due to health matters, and i feel sad when Mrs M sets off with the ramblers saying they are going up Helvellyn
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
I badly miss not climbing mountains any more due to health matters, and i feel sad when Mrs M sets off with the ramblers saying they are going up Helvellyn
Aww, Macy. .....never mind ,you’ve still got your whisky!...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 11:59 AM

I really miss working with horses & riding them. I know I couldn't do it now, it is hard work, but I'd love to go back to being fit enough.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-02-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I really miss working with horses & riding them. I know I couldn't do it now, it is hard work, but I'd love to go back to being fit enough.

Powerful creatures, they are,Tiff...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:08 PM

I miss so many animals I've loved and lost.

I miss not being able to take my dogs for miles across the fields like I used to. It was so therapeutic with just the views, the sunshine, and the natural sounds. Luv it.

Two reasons for not going - one is I have got foot problems at the mo, and secondly, I admit I am scared of the dog thieves.
Old ducks like me would be an easy target for them out in the middle of nowhere with no help around.

One place I used to enjoy became an eye opener, when one day I spotted two or three gipsys and their lurchers up to no good across the other side of the field. I scuttled off before they saw me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:29 PM

I miss the many things I can no longer do due to my health and problems with my hands.

I used to undertake all my own decorating, most house repairs and lots of sewing . It is very satisfying viewing a job well done...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:33 PM

I too miss many things, but am trying to make the most of what I still can do healthwise. My main miss is my daily swim, I didn't realise just how much good it was doing me untill a few months into the lockdown and the effects wore off. I wonder if I'll ever get that level of fitness back once they reopen.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:32 PM

I miss the days when I could paddle out and surf for hours on end. Waiting for the perfect wave. I can' t do that anymore. And I really miss it. I guess like many here I miss my youth. But waddaya do!.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Enjoying the read of replies,everyone.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top