Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:43 PM

Re: Is there anything you miss.

I miss getting dressed up and made up and going out with friends feeling that I could drink and dance all night to 60s 70s and 80s music even jiving , not wanting the night to end and when it did arranging to do it again soon . I miss being slimmer and feeling attractive ( my fault ) and wearing trendy looking clothes . I'm careful not to be mutton dressed as lamb now . Though I can still scrub up well .

Ah well life goes on
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:46 PM

I miss my Austin Healy 3000 MK3. I part ex'd it for an XJ6 and have always thought that I made a bad mistake. The Healy was pretty agile and stuck to the road and with a sub 10 sec if you drive it like you stole it - pretty good for the time. The Jag was more comfortable though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:48 PM

I hope it was the full convertible XJS Todger.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I hope it was the full convertible XJS Todger.
Nope. Sadly not. But it was more practical than a rag top.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:14 PM

I miss long distance running which I cannot do due to various injuries etc.

I also miss swimming. I used to go several times a week but just could not find a private health club that was clean enough. I rejoined virgin about two to three years ago and was appalled by the filthy facilities. It used to be pristine when it was owned by a different company. The other health club near me also stopped bothering to maintain basic things such as broken lockers etc. I ended up getting sick once their water was basically not being checked. So I really miss swimming but there is no really good reason other than a lack of facilities. I don't fancy the council pool when it reopens as it's so crowded that they made everyone swim in a big circle (at least the water was clean there!). I can't bear swimming lane rage in a crowded pool. We used to have a holmes place nearby which was fabulous but the company left the UK! grr. I don't mind paying for a private club because I used to use it as many times as I would a pay as you go rate at the council club so it was worth the money. Just cannot find a club. There is a david l lloyd within driving distance but it's quite a drive and no idea whether it's any good, plus they are far pricier. Did I mention I really miss swimming?!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:14 PM

I think I just miss being on the right side of 50, to be honest, and all that comes with it. I can't think of anything more specific - apart from missing my kids.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:48 PM

I’m enjoying reading all the replies ,everyone .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think I just miss being on the right side of 50, to be honest, and all that comes with it. I can't think of anything more specific - apart from missing my kids.
Your still a youngster, my eldest son is 50.i miss him terribly,been estranged for many years, life carries on though.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Your still a youngster, my eldest son is 50.i miss him terribly,been estranged for many years, life carries on though.
Aww Pauline. I empathise with you, I'm in the same boat.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-02-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Aww Pauline. I empathise with you, I'm in the same boat.
Awww, Bless You sweetie, big cyber hug.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top