Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:11 AM

Re: Those good old days

I watched a lot of kids TV, with my kids. It was better than most adult progs at the time.
My childhood was spent listening to Dick Barton Special Agent, Sparky's Magic Piano, Uncle Mac & Children's Hour.
Forgot Mrs. Dales Diary & The Archers.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

23-02-2021, 12:23 AM

I loved Bill & Ben, Lenny the Lion et al.

Remember being with my Grandma, listening to Mrs Dale on the radio, and sitting down to watch the showjumping, Harvey Smith and all. Years later we took our horse to compete at David Broome's place.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Etch a sketch I'm too old for that, but my children had it
Etch a sketch and spirograph - they were great as well as that really fab game where you pressed the plastic thing with dice in -frustration! It's still on sale today.

I also loved Operation. One of my best friends, an only child, had all the games as well as all the Sindy dolls and accessories including the house and car. I used to love going to her house.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 04:44 AM

I started playing guitar when I was 13. All you needed then was, well, a guitar. An acoustic one. By the time I was 16 my guitar was a solid hunk of wood with strings and I plugged it into an amplifier. Now you are nobody unless you have every effect and electronic device plus a computer to plug it into. Unless you play live and then you have a roadie/ engineer to take care of that. I started surfing when I was 11. I was called a "grommet" The board I used (not mine) was twice as big as me and almost as heavy. Today the grommets ride pop sticks.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 04:53 AM

When I was very young I used to occasionally go to my grans to watch Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben and Hank the Cowboy, later my favourite was Journey into Space on the wireless Children's Hour.

I loved my roller skates and one of the happiest days was when I received a pair of Jaco Skates with rubber wheels, so much better than the steel wheeled affairs I had before.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:00 AM

"Journey into Space" is good.I still listen to it now.My biggest shock was the BBC replacing "Dick Barton Special Agent" with some farming properganda the government wanted to push AKA "The Archers."From that young age I began to realize that it was not safe to trust any of the media.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 07:46 AM

I miss my Chopper.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:13 AM

Sitting here chuckling at the ‘falling poster’. Yes, that was truly scary.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:15 AM

Making dens. Exploring air raid shelters and the little wartime buildings on the periphery of the local aerodrome. Being out all day and our parents neither knowing nor worrying where we were.

Fishing for Sticklebacks in the local Beck, looking for Newts in a Dew Pond, climbing trees, making and guarding the communal bonfire in November, a bunch of us cadging a ride down the street in the lemonade lorry.

Watching the Field Gun Race on TV during the Royal Tournament as well as Watch with Mother, Rag, Tag, and Bobtail, Space Patrol, Doctor Who with William Hartnell.

Winters so hard that washing froze on the line. Summer holidays that went on and on.

I had a very happy childhood.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:17 AM

I had a few favourite games.

Two ball against a wall.

Draft game.

Skipping.

Far too many to mention.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top