Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:51 PM

Re: Does The ‘Council House Mentality’ Still Exist?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Pauline I wouldn't bother to argue on this because there are good & bad people living on council houses, but there are also good and bad people living in private houses too.
Nobody can judge people by where they live because every house has people with different characters.
I have known some of the nicest people, who live in council houses, so perhaps we should feel sorry that they cannot escape the rough neighbours who live close to them.
I suspect there is a bit of snob value, for many who own their own house, but that doesn't mean that their own neighbours are nice. I once lived on a very nice private estate till I discovered that one of the neighbour's sons would allow his dogs to chase & kill pet cats that belonged to other residents.
Nobody should judge people by where they live, but decent council house tenants find it more difficult to escape awful neighbours, so get tarred with the same brush! How sad
Twink....you have a way of explaining, that makes perfect sense to me......sadly, yes ,there always those who tend to make life difficult....I really don’t understand that...oh well.takes all sorts I guess...I can only change myself .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Twink....you have a way of explaining, that makes perfect sense to me......sadly, yes ,there always those who tend to make life difficult....I really don’t understand that...oh well.takes all sorts I guess...I can only change myself .
Why change yourself? If you get on with your neighbours you are probably living in a place where things are good !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Why change yourself? If you get on with your neighbours you are probably living in a place where things are good !
That’s true....I get on well with my neighbours, the present ones...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Behaviours......so it’s just all about behaviours is it?

Not at all on how they choose to live their life....as in not much of an education?..living on benefits,etc.

Does that define them as scum or low life....or is it just their behaviour ,that defines what they are?

Would you class ,verbal abuse as coming from scum or a low life...just trying to understand.

It seems to me....that some of the more intelligent people....can get away with stuff...because they know how to work the system....I have also witnessed some of their ,extremely unpleasant behaviour and superiority...,in the work place....so because they don’t steal, leave litter strewn everywhere, etc...that makes them superior does it.....even though behaviour is appalling?

I really don’t get that....society’s..imo....create boxes...
Thought processes inform behaviour patterns. There are classifications. It's up to individuals to determine which one they aspire to be a member of, and hence behave in a conducive manner.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-02-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thought processes inform behaviour patterns. There are classifications. It's up to individuals to determine which one they aspire to be a member of, and hence behave in a conducive manner.

Thanks for explaining.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 05:19 PM

Regarding "no smoking" - the lease at our last place stipulated that smoking was not allowed in the communal areas. Nothing about not smoking in the apartments themselves so I had a crafty ciggy the day we moved in and ... set the bloody fire/smoke alarm off throughout the whole block. Oops Neither of us smoked in our apartment again, we went outside for our daily fag.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top