Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 10:22 PM

Re: Presumptions

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, Until it is proved otherwise, we tend to make assumptions/presumptions
In our minds, we put people into boxes who then slot into a particular section.
We don’t always look out of the sides and see it other than the first impression, we just presume.
I’m horrible at making assumptions and most are totally wrong.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 05:01 PM

Presume all you like but never assume because it makes an ass of you and me!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Today, I was behind a driver wearing Tyrolean hat in an ancient BMW. As he was moving at the speed of mud, I downshifted my car and upshifted my patience because I suspected that he was as ancient as the car.

When I pulled up alongside him, it turns out that he was a teenager! A teenager in a Tyrolean hat, feather and all, babying his old import is not something you see much around here, but I sure liked his style!
He probably couldn't alp it. I wonder what the horn sounded like?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, Until it is proved otherwise, we tend to make assumptions/presumptions
In our minds, we put people into boxes who then slot into a particular section.
We don’t always look out of the sides and see it other than the first impression, we just presume.

Very well said,Art..completely agree.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Presume all you like but never assume because it makes an ass of you and me!

Assuming something.....has made me look stttuuuupppiiddd ,on a number of occasions....kept me grounded though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 09:13 PM

Just been watching the Chase and one of the contestants had purple hair pushed up into three spikes, face jewellery and tats up his arms. Thurned out to be a really nice guy who does lots for the community.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just been watching the Chase and one of the contestants had purple hair pushed up into three spikes, face jewellery and tats up his arms. Thurned out to be a really nice guy who does lots for the community.
You took the words out of my mouth Longdogs...
I thought... 'What do you look like'...With face piercings and I believe he would have spent his winnings on a tattoo (a sleeve on the other arm) ..He looked like a right plonker, but he was quite down to earth, a well educated and decent chap.
Just a bit eccentric with dubious priorities..... A bit limited in his job prospects looking like that.

Mark was on form tonight though and they lost, even having accumulated a decent score (19).....I liked the Irish bloke, very sharp...

The girl who got knocked out was some kind of a scientist, these highly educated people never do well do they. I suppose their knowledge is far too limited.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top