Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 02:54 PM

Friendship

Should never be forced, should it?

You shouldn’t have to chase it?

If it’s not reciprocated, then move on ?

What are your thoughts on this?..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 03:24 PM

Re: Friendship

Friendships are interesting relationships.

I am one who enjoys people but has a small circle of people that I would truly call friends. Once someone is my friend, I consider that a permanent state. There are times it might take a little extra effort - like when one moves away or overly-espouses a political view I might disagree with - but that fondness and commitment to them doesn't change.

I have one friend who made some really lousy decisions that resulted in her jettisoning most of her family and friends, but that didn't change the way I felt about her. Can you force someone to be your friend? No, but you can resolve yourself to stay committed to one.

At my age, there are certainly friends who have come and gone, but that wouldn't change my good wishes for them or help if they ever needed it.

We seem to be hard-wired for friends with benefits that come from these special relationships, even when we have just a few or don't see them very often.

The best state of all is when your family members are also your friends.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 03:45 PM

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Should never be forced, should it?

You shouldn’t have to chase it?

If it’s not reciprocated, then move on ?

What are your thoughts on this?..
All of the above, but remove the question mark.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 03:51 PM

I like the idea of friends, and I adore chatting to people.....but being an introvert, I find it hard to maintain a long friendship. I moved several times when I was wee, so got used to not having people to hang about with, despite getting on with everyone. I have one good female friend who I have known for years, but if she decided to fall out with me forever, I wouldn't be upset. Having said all that, I do envy people who stay in the one place and grow up - and older - with the same group of people.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 04:28 PM

Having travelled through life I've seen many come and go , life is like a train journey , some join you in the carriage for just part of the journey , some get off the train and climb back on further up the line , some stay in the carriage with you all the way or some for unknown reason will cause an upset and jump off between stations leaving you stunned and wondering why , I'm still on the train journey , I've loved and lost many , some dislike me and some like to stay in touch now and again , many have died but I still chat to them , I have a few companions who still sit on the train with me , they may choose to leave but I know more will climb aboard . What I have learned is not all are nice , some have taken what they wanted and I have given open heartedly, many have given me joy and some have made me cry . I'm happy to help those with baggage and when they leave their baggage is dumped but some decided to pick it back up and carry it with them .

My train journey is very interesting wanna join me for a while
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 04:30 PM

Nice post, Susan.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

24-02-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I like the idea of friends, and I adore chatting to people.....but being an introvert, I find it hard to maintain a long friendship. I moved several times when I was wee, so got used to not having people to hang about with, despite getting on with everyone. I have one good female friend who I have known for years, but if she decided to fall out with me forever, I wouldn't be upset. Having said all that, I do envy people who stay in the one place and grow up - and older - with the same group of people.

Me too. I was and am a rolling stone. My mother still has friends that she had 80 years ago! Eighty! I'm in awe of that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by right now ->
all of the above, but remove the question mark.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-02-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Having travelled through life I've seen many come and go , life is like a train journey , some join you in the carriage for just part of the journey , some get off the train and climb back on further up the line , some stay in the carriage with you all the way or some for unknown reason will cause an upset and jump off between stations leaving you stunned and wondering why , I'm still on the train journey , I've loved and lost many , some dislike me and some like to stay in touch now and again , many have died but I still chat to them , I have a few companions who still sit on the train with me , they may choose to leave but I know more will climb aboard . What I have learned is not all are nice , some have taken what they wanted and I have given open heartedly, many have given me joy and some have made me cry . I'm happy to help those with baggage and when they leave their baggage is dumped but some decided to pick it back up and carry it with them .

My train journey is very interesting wanna join me for a while

Very interesting,Susan..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top