Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 08:53 PM

Re: What exciting things are you doing in between posts?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
So you didn't even get a chance to hold it?
Hell no! Fine Rh isn't the sort of stuff I wouldn't want to physically hold!

It's the same with a lot of transactions on metal markets. You mostly could physically hold what you buy, I have some, but otherwise you buy a part of a bullion stock.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hell no! Fine Rh isn't the sort of stuff I wouldn't want to physically hold!

It's the same with a lot of transactions on metal markets. You mostly could physically hold what you buy, I have some, but otherwise you buy a part of a bullion stock.
That's interesting, thank you! So its just really on paper? I mean, do you get a certificate or something? I'm just wondering about proof (aside from receipts)
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's interesting, thank you! So its just really on paper? I mean, do you get a certificate or something? I'm just wondering about proof (aside from receipts)
Yes, a paper record can be provided and usually is but transactions are now conducted electronically. Like other exchanges there are clearing days for accounts to be closed. Some brave (?) souls gamble on where prices are going to be on settlement days by buying short or long (Google it). Not me. Too risky. Generally I manage ok.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top