Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Re: What exciting things are you doing in between posts?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Tried to do it myself & have hurt my back, so the net & the dowel with the hooky thing are flung into a corner by the loo & everything is back on the window sill & the window will stay net less, I have pulled the curtains though.
Tiff, I just saw this and was going to reply....oh gosh, hope you are ok? Nets are not worth hurting yourself over! Have you thought of getting a blind? Like a roller blind? Be far easier just pulling it up and down - easier to keep clean too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Tiff, I just saw this and was going to reply....oh gosh, hope you are ok? Nets are not worth hurting yourself over! Have you thought of getting a blind? Like a roller blind? Be far easier just pulling it up and down - easier to keep clean too.
Son came home, Pixie & said we'd do it tomorrow. Need a net as next door can see in even though the glass is distorted. Blind would be better but I can't be bothered getting & fitting one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:39 PM

Dropped Mrs Fox off in town early to buy meat from the butchers for Sunday, and then got the hell out sharpish.....
Had breakfast and went for a long walk in the sunshine in me shorts..... Jeff came round (a prolific runner in his day) had a cuppa and a nag and then gave the workshop a couple of hours while Mrs Fox caught up with Coronation Street.
Salmon, Mash and veg for dinner.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:54 PM

Son came home, Pixie & said we'd do it tomorrow. Need a net as next door can see in even though the glass is distorted. Blind would be better but I can't be bothered getting & fitting one.
I have never heard of a net over a window.

Glad you are ok, Tiff.

From my little black hole in America,
Surfermom
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Glad you are ok, Tiff.

Surfermom
Its like a lacy voile curtain, usually in white or cream. Its not a net like a fishermans net, just to clarify! Very common here in the UK, and usually they hang on the window, together with regular curtains - depending on the room requirements.
https://www.woodyattcurtains.com/ima...6-23247500.jpg
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Glad you are ok, Tiff.

Surfermom
Blimey Surfermom, they were up at every window when I was a kid. I suppose it was for a bit of privacy because we all lived so close together. We don't have the space to build houses far apart like you do in the US of A. In those days we all had big'ish gardens though and used to grow a lot of our own veg, but today houses are being built on top of each other with hardly any gardens at all.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Its like a lacy voile curtain, usually in white or cream. Its not a net like a fishermans net, just to clarify! Very common here in the UK, and usually they hang on the window, together with regular curtains - depending on the room requirements.
https://www.woodyattcurtains.com/ima...6-23247500.jpg
Thanks Pixie, you beat me to it, though that was easy as I've only just woken up.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Blimey Surfermom, they were up at every window when I was a kid. I suppose it was for a bit of privacy because we all lived so close together. We don't have the space to build houses far apart like you do in the US of A. In those days we all had big'ish gardens though and used to grow a lot of our own veg, but today houses are being built on top of each other with hardly any gardens at all.
Cheers, OGF.
Yes there were nets mostly on every window & every house had them back along. Not so much now, but here I only have the one on the bathroom window, as next doors kitchen can look down into it. They didn't make the windows distorted enough.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Trying to understand quantum physics - it's really making my brain spin or not as the case may be
Have your tried watching documentaries? I did a lot of that and kind got into quantum entanglement which led me to write a novel about it, string theory, the afterlife and other dimensions. It's kind of a trip. I'm just starting to look for an agent for this one.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

28-02-2021, 12:39 PM

Thanks Pixie, you beat me to it, though that was easy as I've only just woken up.

Cheers, OGF.
Yes there were nets mostly on every window & every house had them back along. Not so much now, but here I only have the one on the bathroom window, as next doors kitchen can look down into it. They didn't make the windows distorted enough.

Son put the clean net up. We took the dowel off it & just hung the curtain on the stretchy thing, it hooked on easily then. Only problem, can't roll the curtain up to make it shorter so some dangles on the window sill. I might pin it up with small safety pins though.
I hear you say, sew it up? I do not sew thanks.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

28-02-2021, 01:13 PM

Son put the clean net up. We took the dowel off it & just hung the curtain on the stretchy thing, it hooked on easily then. Only problem, can't roll the curtain up to make it shorter so some dangles on the window sill. I might pin it up with small safety pins though.
I hear you say, sew it up? I do not sew thanks.
Yes, Tiff, make life easy on yourself. Pin it up so you have it up or down. Glad you got it sorted Hope your back is a little better too

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top