Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 02:01 AM

Re: Migrant accommodation !!

it’s more the colour of culture rather than skin.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, of course. It is pretty obvious why they live on their own in their separate isolated areas.
Of course, we make things easy for them. After two or three families have moved into an area, the indigenous whites begin to move out to another area.
My family and I did exactly that in about 1970.
Then, as the whites move out, they take over the area completely.

Of course, many Jews do exactly the same, though I don't think there is the rapid exodus of whites in those cases.
Yes, our lot do form communities but usually it's the frum that do so and usually out of convenience (traditional or kosher food - or just best quality!) or to have a social group to argue amongst or to have a pecking order!

But we integrate. Integrate? Most of our best customers are Gentiles! In Schul we ALWAYS pray for the Royal Family and for the government of the day. In addition our religious laws (Halakhahs) always are governed by the laws of the land in which we hang out hoyzn (trousers).

But do Gentiles do a runner if a Yiddish family move into a neighborhood? Well no, usually house prices go up! And do any of us try to freeze out anyone when we move in? Err, no. Do we want laws changed for our convenience? Err no. Do any of us want to impose Judaism on everybody? Err no.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yes, our lot do form communities but usually it's the frum that do so and usually out of convenience (traditional or kosher food - or just best quality!) or to have a social group to argue amongst or to have a pecking order!

But we integrate. Integrate? Most of our best customers are Gentiles! In Schul we ALWAYS pray for the Royal Family and for the government of the day. In addition our religious laws (Halakhahs) always are governed by the laws of the land in which we hang out hoyzn (trousers).

But do Gentiles do a runner if a Yiddish family move into a neighborhood? Well no, usually house prices go up! And do any of us try to freeze out anyone when we move in? Err, no. Do we want laws changed for our convenience? Err no. Do any of us want to impose Judaism on everybody? Err no.
And you don't fly aeroplanes into tall buildings or chop off people's heads, or take offence if someone criticises your religion....My late father in law had some pretty snappy suits of you guys..... You're okay by me...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 01:38 PM

I think that all asylum seekers should be refused asylum if they cannot prove where they come from!
They are not our responsibility and there are too many already living in the UK. Apart from that, if they were escaping danger, how come we were not aware of the problems seeing as so many chose to come to the UK!
We are overpopulated, and that has added to the Covid problems,so they should not be allowed in without a vaccination certificate and a passport. that way we would know where they came from & where we should return them to.
I also believe that, unless the country they come from allows Christian churches to be built & used, we should ban the Islam religion here, or at least have restrictions on what they preach...because this is a Christian country and not a caliphate for those following other religions!
Their plan is to eventually take over the UK and that plan was designed by terrorists... so it is time that the UK looked after their own people!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 02:01 PM

I see now the government have invested thousands of pounds in netting that they plan to spread in the channel. This netting will tangle in the migrants boats propeller and bring it to a stop.
Great!!!. Now the boat has been brought to a standstill it will be much easier for the coast guard vessel to pick these people up and bring the here instead of them having to risk their lives doing it on their own.
Anyone know where I can buy an ex German U-Boat complete with a full load of torpedoes?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I see now the government have invested thousands of pounds in netting that they plan to spread in the channel. This netting will tangle in the migrants boats propeller and bring it to a stop.
Great!!!. Now the boat has been brought to a standstill it will be much easier for the coast guard vessel to pick these people up and bring the here instead of them having to risk their lives doing it on their own.
Anyone know where I can buy an ex German U-Boat complete with a full load of torpedoes?
big ben, I assume the government are doing that to prevent them getting to shore and being able to find their own people, without us being aware that they are in the country. Heaven knows where they have traveled from and that may mean they could bring in new variants of Covid that our vaccines can't deal with.
I may also stop terrorists getting in that way, seeing as many are young men without families!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 03:50 PM

Much of this would be solved if we would stop calling Islam a religion, which it is not, and call it a cult, which it is.

Sort people into willingly employable to those who are not. Work out deals with countries like Mexico, Cambodia, and Armenia who need to build their work forces and send the unskilled there.

Just because you want to emigrate doesn't mean you get to choose where you go or get to hold on to aspects of your culture that interfere with the host country's well-being.

Those who are given work visas should have to sign contracts associated with the expectations for them (including a working fluency in English) and deadlines for attaining citizenship.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Much of this would be solved if we would stop calling Islam a religion, which it is not, and call it a cult, which it is
Think this sentence is worthy of a thread to itself elsewhere on the forum. Will use it at part of the opening post, if that's ok by you?

Agree with the rest of your post.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Yes. As I said, there is not the rapid exodus of white people from the area.

There's a house near us that we were looking at when we decided to move here. It had/still has the little prayer boxes (or whatever they are) on the front door.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes. As I said, there is not the rapid exodus of white people from the area..
Tend to agree. The first thing that I look at when driving round areas is the quality and age of cars. If and when we move, we will look at the ethnic demographics of the surrounding area. We're happy to chat with anyone, but naturally find it easier to talk to those with similar backgrounds and those who we don't have to think before we speak in case it offends their religious, racial or cultural background.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top