Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:10 PM

Re: Spotted a crane from my window.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Aww that's a lovely wee story, Foxy! Oban is indeed a lovely place. Never been to Skye, but our islands are gorgeous. Next time you are up this way, try and get to Mull, then Iona. 60 kings are buried there, apparently - and the sand is white, and the sea is clear turquoise. No better place in the world. ( I don't live there sadly)
I've penciled those places in my 'to do' list Pixie - thanks....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One of the best holidays of my life was a stay in Oban and then a surprise stay at the Arisaig Hotel. It was a surprise because Mrs Fox booked it for my fiftieth birthday unbeknown to me. The hotel was featured in our favourite film (Local Hero) And did you know that Robert Louis Stephenson wrote 'Treasure Island' there.... We then took the ferry across to Isle of Skye and spent the rest of the holiday there walking and running....Brrrrrrrilliant!
I love that film. OGF.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love that film. OGF.
One of my all time favourites Tiff. We bought it on DVD and get it out every now and then and watch it again. While we were touring the west coast of Scotland I played a tape of the theme tune 'Going Home' by Mark Knopfler over and over....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One of my all time favourites Tiff. We bought it on DVD and get it out every now and then and watch it again. While we were touring the west coast of Scotland I played a tape of the theme tune 'Going Home' by Mark Knopfler over and over....
I love the music too, it's hauntingly beautiful.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-02-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love the music too, it's hauntingly beautiful.

I've got to sit and listen to that now Tiff.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

27-02-2021, 02:03 PM

OGF the tune is now going around my head over & over again.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top