Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 03:23 PM

Re: Wearing A Wig.

I had a curly wig in the 1960s I think. They were a fashion thing then, My poor old mum whose hair was really thin wore a couple which she alternated while I washed the other one. It was obvious it was false, but I did feel sorry for her.

It's a mistake TV and films nearly always make when depicting old people. They're always seen with lush think grey hair which hardly ever occurs in real life.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I had a curly wig in the 1960s I think. They were a fashion thing then, My poor old mum whose hair was really thin wore a couple which she alternated while I washed the other one. It was obvious it was false, but I did feel sorry for her.

It's a mistake TV and films nearly always make when depicting old people. They're always seen with lush think grey hair which hardly ever occurs in real life.
Eccles...I often see hair extensions on tv....I also see them in real life...

I think hair extensions are trending more in this day and age.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 03:31 PM

I agree with Carol on this one.

That said, I admire women going through chemotherapy or alopecia who have the guts to get out there without a wig. Good for them!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I agree with Carol on this one.

That said, I admire women going through chemotherapy or alopecia who have the guts to get out there without a wig. Good for them!
When I had Chemo I was advised to wear a wig or some kind of head covering, as it was August & I was likely to get a burnt head.
I had 2 different wigs that were comfortable, but the greatest joy in losing your hair was that you didn't have to keep washing it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:49 PM

I've still got my 70's chest wig somewhere. I think Olivia sleeps on it now.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i've still got my 70's chest wig somewhere. I think olivia sleeps on it now.
😂🤣😅........
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:56 PM

You all have me thinking that I should keep one around in case I want to commit a major crime.

The question is whether to use it during the illegal act or save it for the escape. .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You all have me thinking that I should keep one around in case I want to commit a major crime.

The question is whether to use it during the illegal act or save it for the escape. .
Get a fuzzy one. You will never be caught.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

27-02-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
When I had Chemo I was advised to wear a wig or some kind of head covering, as it was August & I was likely to get a burnt head.
I had 2 different wigs that were comfortable, but the greatest joy in losing your hair was that you didn't have to keep washing it!
Always looking up, you are! .

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I've still got my 70's chest wig somewhere. I think Olivia sleeps on it now.
Oh, dear heavens. I'll never be able to unsee this now.

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 06:16 PM

If I had to, because of going bald, then yes I would.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top