Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 12:08 PM

Re: Getting in touch with your inner moron.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm often ridiculously silly but normally for my own entertainment. I used to work with someone who was just as silly and we had such a laugh.

LD,I’ve got a mate like that...she text me the other day, saying how much she missed my banter..

I miss hers as well....she’s much more forward than me, in some area...where as I’m more reserved....she cracks me up though...I would never say half of what she does,....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
LD,I’ve got a mate like that...she text me the other day, saying how much she missed my banter..

I miss hers as well....she’s much more forward than me, in some area...where as I’m more reserved....she cracks me up though...I would never say half of what she does,....
Pauline, keep that mate. I have a long time friend who says whenever she's down, she first thinks of me to say something outrageous or silly to get her back on track to lighten up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yeah ... Ms d00d & I talk rubbish all the time, but rarely for other's amusement.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

I can remember both of us literally gasping for breath because of something funny, while the others just looked on without a smile. 😃
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can remember both of us literally gasping for breath because of something funny, while the others just looked on without a smile. 😃

We are exactly the same...we crack each other up..😂🤣😅..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

01-03-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Pauline, keep that mate. I have a long time friend who says whenever she's down, she first thinks of me to say something outrageous or silly to get her back on track to lighten up.

Brilliant,Right Now...love it.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Do you like to just be really silly sometimes? I don't mean irresponsibly silly or silly in a negligent way. I mean silly in a Monty Python kind of way. For instance like getting on a bus with a friend and having the most ridiculous conversation that is within earshot of the other passengers about something like?....how much better your rain gauge is than theirs or how you like to eat ridiculous foods..like ice cream with worcestershire sauce..or hamburgers with fig jam etc. If somebody actually remarks, look puzzled Do you?..If not, try it. It's good for you. And the beauty of it is that the older you are the more reaction you get. And you're not offending anybody unless they choose to be Somebody my age said to me with a sour face not ago when I asked them about this.."What a silly thing to do. You should grow up. For God's sake act your age"..Comments please.
My, my aren’t you privileged to be riding a bus and being able to have a conversation with someone whilst others are within earshot!
That’s it, I’ve got lockdown fatigue so I’m moving down under!
Oh wait, the borders are closed!

On a serious note, I HAVE to act all grown up at work but I’m really a kid at heart! I’ll never grow up! Where’s the fun in that!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:57 PM

Some of my colleagues and I would do silly things at work just because we could.

Skipping through the office arm in arm.

Whole conversations or sometimes even whole days spent talking in Franglais, or a fake Welsh accent, or Mummerset.
Every day could be talk like a pirate day.

Picking up a 'phone and speaking as if we were a recorded message. If you want to speak to Fruitcake, press 1 etcetera.

Synchronised pallet truck dancing.

Making silly beeping noises when using touchscreen buttons.

Talking in made up technical terms.

Oh the insults. How we loved them.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 11:02 PM

I have enough trouble keeping my outer moron in check to let my inner moron come out and play very often.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top