Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 03:53 PM

Re: £2,607,767.67 spent on new Downing Street media briefing room

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Union jacks, oak and lots of Tory blue: inside Downing Street’s new £2.6 million press room

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/b...m-b926913.html

A totally underwhelming début, despite BJ's crested podium .....
I thought it looked very smart .... but some people will always find fault!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I thought it looked very smart .... but some people will always find fault!
I didn't say it didn't look smart ..... I said it was underwhelming ..... i.e. unimpressive for the amount it cost .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 04:11 PM

Here is a fun fact that my sound and lighting friends cottoned on to yesterday.

Apparently, the blue background is a perfect match for the chromakey preset on most widely available video editing software

There is a clip going around with Boris Johnson with the muppets theme being played and the muppets behind him
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:38 AM

MP shames Boris Johnson with sign language protest about him failing deaf people

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-56749095

An MP has shamed Boris Johnson with a protest in sign language about his continued failure of deaf people.

Vicky Foxcroft made the powerful statement at PMQs after Downing Street spent £2.6m on a TV studio for press conferences - but still provided no sign language interpreter.

The Shadow Minister for Disabled People asked silently in British Sign Language: "Why - no - interpreter - in the room - briefings".

She added: "And if the Prime Minister doesn’t understand, imagine how those who rely on British Sign Language feel at his press briefings? £2.6 million spent on the new press room, yet still no interpreter. What message does he think this sends to disabled people?"

Mr Johnson, who appeared not to understand the question, spluttered: "I'm grateful to the honourable lady and grateful for the way she has set out her question. I will revert to her as soon as I can."

Critics have also suggested there is no wheelchair access to the stage.
Presumably, the P̶r̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ Prime Minister wants to be the focus of viewers' attention .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:34 AM

MP shames Boris Johnson with sign language protest about him failing deaf people

Presumably, the P̶r̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ Prime Minister wants to be the focus of viewers' attention .....
They could always use subtitles
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:49 PM

There's just one teeny-weeny problem with that.
It's wrong.

"There’s just one problem with this attack line: No. 10 does broadcast live signing for the deaf. In the two No. 10 briefings from the new studio, both were live-streamed on YouTube with sign language interpretation.The BBC also broadcast with a live-signing…"

https://order-order.com/2021/04/14/l...cking-failure/

Oh and before you try to discount the source I would ask that if you must splutter you do so over the content, and try to prove that what the link I enclose isn't true.
Ta.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:35 PM

I think it was ridiculous to spend that amount of public money on a media briefing room at this time of crisis, when the NHS is struggling.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I think it was ridiculous to spend that amount of public money on a media briefing room at this time of crisis, when the NHS is struggling.
What some people are overlooking is that the upgrade includes a whole lot more than just what gets seen on TV broadcasts.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
It was the necessity to keep the British people imformed that led to the refurb though; the old place was (to be blunt) knackered and not fit for purpose.

BTW the NHS always says it's struggling.
Keeping the public informed from the refurbished media briefing room might have had a hand in the NHS not being overwhelmed.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It was the necessity to keep the British people imformed that led to the refurb though; the old place was (to be blunt) knackered and not fit for purpose.

BTW the NHS always says it's struggling.
Keeping the public informed from the refurbished media briefing room might have had a hand in the NHS not being overwhelmed.
I think you should rephras e that to say ""misinformed" Zaphod ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top