Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:32 PM

Re: Pritti ups the ante !!!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No one it appears. I wish I could see just one of her many promises come to fruition, then I might believe in her a bit more. We know why she is there and it's not because she can do the job.
I believe I know what you mean, and I'm sure you're right!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:51 AM

What is that exactly? Perhaps it will all happen after the next election?

She just says what we want to hear.
You're ignoring all the changes in claiming asylum then?
Like what now renders a claim automatically disqualified or that all evidence must be given at the time of claiming.
Or that legal challenges are now restricted in scope?
Or things like this new drone?
Post #33 makes a few things clear.
Feel free to debate the contents of that or the above if you can rather than just stating your blatant dislike of one person doing their job.

What do you want?
Blood?
And whose exactly?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Somehow I really doubt that!

I'm sure they could, and so could the Border Farce if only they received the appropriate instructions from above!
Somehow I don't think that machine-gunning rubber boats full of people would be very well received, so back to planet Earth please and give some real alternatives of how else this problem could be tackled in a legally- and morally-acceptable manner?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:29 PM

Another hundred odd yesterday and still they keep coming. Priti's law? What law.
If this country did tow them back to French waters and the French refused to accept them' what then?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Another hundred odd yesterday and still they keep coming. Priti's law? What law.
If this country did tow them back to French waters and the French refused to accept them' what then?
They'd float about in mid-Channel.
Then, eventually, they'd stop trying it on and stay in France.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 03:11 PM

No one it appears. I wish I could see just one of her many promises come to fruition, then I might believe in her a bit more. We know why she is there and it's not because she can do the job.
I think I know what you are alluding to but where's your proof?

Zaphod, thanks for taking the time to give me a better understanding of what Pritstick's proposed Act is all about.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 03:47 PM

Well, she has three years to implement all this stuff she spouts, so let's see what happens. My guess is that in three years time, migrants will still be pouring in and she will move on to her next posting, whatever that may be.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-03-2021, 05:26 PM

Well, she has three years to implement all this stuff she spouts, so let's see what happens. My guess is that in three years time, migrants will still be pouring in and she will move on to her next posting, whatever that may be.
I believe that the government and the civil service have a system of rewarding failure by promoting people into higher offices where they can do more harm!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

01-04-2021, 08:19 AM

I hate to tell you this but it's not up to Priti Patel to implement the major and/or legal changes.
Her job (in this instance) is to propose changes.
Then they go to parliament to be voted upon.
It's up to our parliament to approve them (and introduce amendments - which then of course will not be Priti's doing) before they can be implemented, and we all know what a shower that bunch can be.

So if things are still the same in three years time, it will be down to our all-too-frequently-useless politicians as a whole group and not the one person trying to get changes implemented.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top