Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 10:00 PM

For the good of the nation.

I caught a few minutes of GMB his morning and witnessed Kate Garroway (who I generally like and and have sympathy for) pressing Housing Minister, Robert Jenrick for an answer to her question ' Do we have a secret stockpile of covid vaccinations?' This came after the minister promised that whatever happened between Britain and the EU, Britain would still manage to complete the vaccination 'roll out' as planned.

She pressured him for an answer several times saying that she didn't understand. Luckily (IMO) Jenrick didn't admit or deny the allegations but should presenters/journalists really be asking this question? Surely they realise that it's everyone for themselves now. If we do have a secret stockpile, is it not in the national interest to keep it a secret?

I would have thought that Kate Garroway, of all people, would be well aware of the importance of completing the vaccine plan.

Whatever happened to keeping things quiet for the good of the nation
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 10:27 PM

Re: For the good of the nation.

So much has happened LD, it takes such a long time to process the information nowadays.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Whatever happened to keeping things quiet for the good of the nation
I am with you 100%. I am not a big fan of announcing battle plans in action, either.

Sometimes transparency is really transparent stupidity.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 11:45 PM

What about Double Bluffs? Sifting takes a lot of processing power.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:22 AM

I thought we were getting AZ from India so I keep wondering what all the fuss is about other than the EU are also getting it from India? I do think this is all a storm in a teacup and that the EU are just disorganised with their own distribution. After all many EU countries seem to be sourcing their own supplies and have vaccination programmes underway.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought we were getting AZ from India so I keep wondering what all the fuss is about other than the EU are also getting it from India? I do think this is all a storm in a teacup and that the EU are just disorganised with their own distribution. After all many EU countries seem to be sourcing their own supplies and have vaccination programmes underway.

But hasn't India now declared it will keep all vaccines produced in their country for themselves?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
But hasn't India now declared it will keep all vaccines produced in their country for themselves?
If that's true then you can't blame them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top