Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:34 PM

Re: If l Said, l Am Just Going To Make A Bacon Sandwich. Would It Make You Want One?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
There's probably less fat on OGF than there is on a rasher of bacon!

Despite being unable to run like OGF I do like a bacon sandwich though, crispy bacon with an egg on top between seeded wholemeal bread is just right!
Oh yeees!...I may just have that for My lunch with a big mug o' tea
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:36 PM

Re: If l Said, l Am Just Going To Make A Bacon Sandwich. Would It Make You Want One?

I will bet you can almost smell the bacon cooking too! It's amazing how our minds can change a thought into making one's mouth water and even into the aroma of bacon cooking. Possibly the sight of that food can be visualised too! Often I wonder at the incredible power of the human mind, how and why it works as it usually does!
Funny you should say that Baz, I was watching Michael Portillo on one of his great train journeys last Friday. He was visiting a 'Smoke House' where they smoke Kippers up in Scotland. Afterwards he was sat on the platform waiting for his next train eating a Kipper in a bun. I thought I had not had a kipper for ages, so on our shopping expedition to Tesco on Saturday I bought some Kippers......It had been on my mind since I saw Michael......Guess what's for lunch today...?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Enjoy May.... I'm having Kippers in a sandwich....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:40 PM

Ooh, yes, bacon sarnie for me, when I was on the road, I’d sometimes stop at a roadside cafe and have a bacon and tomato or sausage and egg, even stretching to a full English, the best was from quernhow cafe at the side of the A1, sadly no longer there as the land was bought by heck sausages ( oh the irony)
How about passing someone eating fish, n, chips, you always want some, ...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Enjoy May.... I'm having Kippers in a sandwich....
Yum..another of My fav's...stop it will Ya...I'm trying to lose weight
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:58 PM

Yum..another of My fav's...stop it will Ya...I'm trying to lose weight
Don’t fight it may...resistance is futile..:
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

29-03-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Don’t fight it may...resistance is futile..:
I know this is true..sadly..but..I shall be good Tomorrow..I'll just have kippers without the bread
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 02:29 PM

There's probably less fat on OGF than there is on a rasher of bacon!

Despite being unable to run like OGF I do like a bacon sandwich though, crispy bacon with an egg on top between seeded wholemeal bread is just right!
Old Grey Fox or the bacon sandwich?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 02:49 PM

I make breakfast on Sunday morning. Always dry cured, smoked back bacon with the fat trimmed off. Fried in their own juices with just a spritz of light olive oil to stop the rashers from sticking to the pan, served in white finger buns with egg on top, nom, nom, nom. I throw the fat bits out for the birds (usually crows or magpies) to eat.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 03:23 PM

You're not helping with my new diet of Quoooorn and 2 veg

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top