Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 10:30 PM

Re: Witnessing a murder

EXTREMELY CRITICAL TESTIMONEY.

Officer Derek Chauvin's supervisor testified that use of force should have been stopped once George Floyd stopped resisting. Thus, officer Chauvin violated police department policy by using excessive force.

The supervisor, then reported to the police internal affairs department, that excessive force was used which resulted in the death of George Floyd.

IMO: This is certainly a major point in convicting Chauvin.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 10:15 PM

A cardiologist speaks .
watched this man speaking today it took more than half and hours to detail all his qualifications the man is expert in his field .
His verdict was that George Floyd did not die of Heart Failure or drug abuse but by asphyxiation due to the pressu4e and position he was held in .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yd-family.html
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:15 AM

George Floyd was murdered by that police officer. Racism is evil and should be stamped out.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
George Floyd was murdered by that police officer. Racism is evil and should be stamped out.
Let us all pray that Derek Chauvin is found guilty. After all of the state's witnesses, there can be no doubt, what-so-ever, of guilt. Jurys , however, can send in some very strange verdicts.

In the event of a not guilty verdict, there will be riots from one end of America to the other.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:31 AM

I agree in the case of George Floyd but I do question why so many black people don't understand that if they try to avoid arrest the police will try to stop them.
Another man has been killed by a policewoman , who shouted Taser Taser Taser & then accidentally used her gun by mistake, as the man tried to drive away!
If a member of the police carries a gun these things will happen, so their police need to update their training, but their black communities need to understand that they should accept they have been caught!
These situations worry me because if police carry guns there is always a chance that people will get hurt... and it isn't always the criminal...because they may also have weapons!
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree in the case of George Floyd but I do question why so many black people don't understand that if they try to avoid arrest the police will try to stop them.
Another man has been killed by a policewoman , who shouted Taser Taser Taser & then accidentally used her gun by mistake, as the man tried to drive away!
If a member of the police carries a gun these things will happen, so their police need to update their training, but their black communities need to understand that they should accept they have been caught!
These situations worry me because if police carry guns there is always a chance that people will get hurt... and it isn't always the criminal...because they may also have weapons!
I am doubtful as to whether that was an accident.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 12:49 PM

None of us know either way, but if it wasn't an accident she will be charged & have to attend court, like the policeman in the Floyd case!
Perhaps the police & the black communities need understand their own constitution better.

Article 14 requires that all of the rights and freedoms set out in the Act must be protected and applied without discrimination. Discrimination occurs when you are treated less favourably than another person in a similar situation and this treatment cannot be objectively and reasonably justified.15 Nov 2018

That should apply to all & mean that police cannot treat blacks differently to white & it also means that any criminal will be treated the same.... so black criminals should get the same treatment as white ones!
If that isn't happening then Article 14 of their Constitution is a joke.......
But the blacks need to understand they have no extra rights because of their colour!
A black man on TV was being asked for his opinion on what he wanted to change. He said "No police should have the power to make him stay home, even if there is a lock down!". Attitudes like that imply that they want more equality than the whites... so maybe that is the problem
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:47 PM

So am I.

It brought this incident in 2009 to mind.

https://splue.blogspot.com/2010/06/p...l-unarmed.html
RJG
UK

13-04-2021, 02:03 PM

Skin colour should never make any difference to the way anyone is treated.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Let us all pray that Derek Chauvin is found guilty. After all of the state's witnesses, there can be no doubt, what-so-ever, of guilt. Jurys , however, can send in some very strange verdicts.

In the event of a not guilty verdict, there will be riots from one end of America to the other.
I would far rather pray that he gets a fair and unbiased trial.

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top