Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 04:58 PM

Re: Covid Certificates.

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I have had both vaccinations but have not been given any card to record the dates.
Out of interest, did you ask for a document, or could it have just been an oversight?

Wonder if the lack of cards is geographical?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Out of interest, did you ask for a document, or could it have just been an oversight?

I hope it isn't geographical It should be all or none, otherwise what's the point of it, really?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I never asked Ted.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 05:26 PM

I have no problem showing proof of my vaccination.

However, one of the debates going on here is the patient's right to privacy. If we start this, where does it end?

Do you want to have to undergo a full exam and battery of tests to prove you are healthy enough to take a cruise?

Do you want to show proof of mobility before being sold a home with stairs?

Do you want to prove you don't have hepatitis before you go into a grocery store?

Do you want to have to show proof that you are not an alcoholic to be served a drink?

It's arguably a slippery slope.

Besides, people who want to cheat the system will.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have no problem showing proof of my vaccination.

However, one of the debates going on here is the patient's right to privacy. If we start this, where does it end?

Do you want to have to undergo a full exam and battery of tests to prove you are healthy enough to take a cruise?

Do you want to show proof of mobility before being sold a home with stairs?

Do you want to proove you don't have hepatitis before you go into a grocery store?

Do you want to have to show proof that you are not an alcoholic to be served a drink?

It's arguably a slippery slope.

Besides, people who want to cheat the system will.
Companies should have the right to decide who they want to serve or not. Am sure that those which want to be seen as protecting their staff and other customers might find it financially expedient, at least in the short term.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Companies should have the right to decide who they want to serve or not. Am sure that those which want to be seen as protecting their staff and other customers might find it financially expedient, at least in the short term.
I agree, but there are limits. Should you have to provide proof of perfect health to participate in society?

Consider:
You have multiple sclerosis or you are just old and want to shape in a store but are a fall risk - denied.

You have heart disease with a risk of a myocardial infarction and you want a steak in a restaurant - denied.

You want to fly to go see your grandchildren, but you are taking a medication for depression after the loss of a spouse - denied.

You want to go see a movie and have a history of two seizures. Though they were caused by too fast withdrawal from medication, the movie has fast light changing sequences could be triggers for epileptics- denied.

You want to go to a bookstore, but have ADHD and Tourettes and though you never have, you could shout out unexpectedly - denied.

There is a limit to the information that a business should be able to obtain.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 06:06 PM

I agree, but there are limits. Should you have to provide proof of perfect health to participate in society?

Consider:
You have multiple sclerosis or you are just old and want to shape in a store but are a fall risk - denied.

You have heart disease with a risk of a myocardial infarction and you want a steak in a restaurant - denied.

You want to fly to go see your grandchildren, but you are taking a medication for depression after the loss of a spouse - denied.

You want to go see a movie and have a history of two seizures. Though they were caused by too fast withdrawal from medication, the movie has fast light changing sequences could be triggers for epileptics- denied.

You want to go to a bookstore, but have ADHD and Tourettes and though you never have, you could shout out unexpectedly - denied.

There is a limit to the information that a business should be able to obtain.
Those examples don't seem to include "possibly infected with a life threatening transmissable virus because no steps have been made to vaccinate yourself against it"
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 06:06 PM

I think being asked to prove you are vaccinated against a virus which caused a pandemic across the world, and spread like wildfire due to people travelling is reasonable enough. Any more than that, though and it would be getting like China's Social Scoring system.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

02-04-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Those examples don't seem to include "possibly infected with a life threatening transmissable virus because no steps have been made to vaccinate yourself against it"
I am not disagreeing with you, just playing devil's advocate as we consider what might be important when privacy rights run smack dab into what is best for society..

Do we need...
Proof of no TB before access to stores?
Proof of a flu shot?
Proof of measles, varicella, etc. shots?
Proof of no Hep A?

All of those can have devastating effects on worker health and productivity as well as consumers in the marketplace driving costs up. Is proof of these too far?

This is a good conversation to have, Dex.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

02-04-2021, 06:32 PM

I am not disagreeing with you, just playing devil's advocate as we consider what might be important when privacy rights run smack dab into what is best for society..

Do we need...
Proof of no TB before access to stores?
Proof of a flu shot?
Proof of measles, varicella, etc. shots?
Proof of no Hep A?

All of those can have devastating effects on worker health and productivity as well as consumers in the marketplace driving costs up. Is proof of these too far?

This is a good conversation to have, Dex.
Hear What you're saying Surfer. Just think that the current pandemic is a special case which should allow for certain allowances.

Am aware that some might argue that this sets a precedent, but I disagree.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top