Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 08:06 PM

It has been a lovely day!

It began a bit damp and gloomy - but then the sun came out. Lots of gardens here have have Forsythia in bloom and it was really glowing. Made me feel good just to look at it.

For lunch I cooked a Tuna steak in lime and black pepper sauce - had that with stir fried vegs and basmati rice.

My next door neighbours gave me a bottle of white wine, another came and brought me a plate of her delicious home made Hot Cross Buns, and the Italian chef across the road brought me a dish of the best Tiramisu I have ever tasted!

The diet starts tomorrow!!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 08:12 PM

Re: It has been a lovely day!

Any houses for sale in your street?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 08:14 PM

Oh Tabby, that sounds pretty wonderful! You have good neighbours
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 08:59 PM

Happy Easter Tabs and All

Bugger the diet till AFTER easter.

Been lovely here for 3 days now, I'm ashamed to say I've had a pyjama day today, my lovely husband asked if I wanted a day off and he went to see to Dad, weird tho, I still felt guilty because I didn't go but just talked with him and seems none the worse for not seeing me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:07 PM

Thas been a strange day, even for those without a routine, Saturday tomorrow, all should slot into place.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh Tabby, that sounds pretty wonderful! You have good neighbours

I certainly do. There is a great community spirit in the street and people look out for each other. It's a good mix of ages as well - from young couples with small children to us golden oldies.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-04-2021, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Any houses for sale in your street?
There are a couple!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:08 PM

Aw, Tabby sounds like a welcoming place to live. My neighbors are much as you've described. If they make cookies, they give the neighbors a small baggie of some. They share wine, coffee, or a new treat they've made or brought. It's lovely, isn't it?
Makes you feel .... included in other's surroundings.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:21 AM

I've always been lucky with neighbours....not really met any where I am now ..early days. Your neighbours sound lovely Tabby.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:33 AM

ST, what a lovely day indeed! It is encouraging that the forsythia and the neighbors are all out in full bloom .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top