Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:23 PM

Making It

Have you ever had an inkling that someone close was not going to complete the average "Life Term", not because of their own volition, but they just didn't make it. Maybe they weren't designed to make the accepted finishing post.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

02-04-2021, 10:29 PM

Re: Making It

Yes Spitty very much. Someone much loved sitting next to me right now. Not easy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:33 PM

“Maybe they weren't designed to make the accepted finishing post”.

Oh I know Spitty, sadly I back those kind of horses everyday.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:33 PM

Only tough people can make a tough call.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-04-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
“Maybe they weren't designed to make the accepted finishing post”.

Oh I know Spitty, sadly I back those kind of horses everyday.
Thanks Jem that was on the SP.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:51 PM

Too difficult a question (for me) this time Spit. Too many variables. :/
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-04-2021, 11:00 PM

Its a difficult question alright, but saying goodbye to someone, who should have survived but was ground down by living grief day in day out is not acceptable.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you ever had an inkling that someone close was not going to complete the average "Life Term", not because of their own volition, but they just didn't make it. Maybe they weren't designed to make the accepted finishing post.
I have very rarely mentioned it because most think I am either lying or making it up , so i tend to keep quiet, but Sue will vouch for it actually happening on more than on occassion.

So let me tell it now just one episode of many

where we used to live Sue and I were walking past the local row of shops and outside Boots the chemist was an ambulance parked up. Being nosey we looked into the shop and there was our next door neighbour Joan being attended to.

So we went in to see if we could do anything like take her shopping home as they wanted to take her into hospital for a checkup.
She asked us to let Tom her husband know which we did as soon as wed got home.

Now the strange thing I said to Sue " she isn't going to make it" and Sue said don't be daft, but , and I don't know how where or why but I knew something was telling me.

that evening Joan came home and this terrible feeling just would not go away.

Sad to say 3 days later Joan was rushed into hospital and passed away.

This is an absolute true story of many "happening" I have felt. I know exactly peoples response, maybe as on here ,which is why I hardly ever mention it.

My mother also knew her mother ,my grandmother, had passed away Strange thing was they were 300 miles apart but my mother said she woke up to see my grfanmother at the end of her bed saying goodbye.
Next morning my mother got a phone call from my uncle saying gran had passed away at the exact time my mother saw her
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-04-2021, 11:05 PM

A life of torment is no life.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its a difficult question alright, but saying goodbye to someone, who should have survived but was ground down by living grief day in day out is not acceptable.
I appreciated RS's story. Mine is a little different, I hope it "fits" the thread topic. But yes, totally. If it's one of your own. But professionally you have no choice but to accept it and work with it. My last job before retirement was with very old holocaust survivors in a dementia care facility in Sydney.I also had to work closely with their families. There were lots of goodbyes after years of living grief there. When the " onion skin layers" of rationalisation, defence mechanisms and sheer stoicism are torn gradually away by the steady march of dementia, those long past experiences come flooding back like a perpetual nightmare. For the victim and their families. I could not do it for any more than 18 months. NOw I watch my son of only 24 suffer through bouts of deep depression and self doubt. I don't mention it much here but just to say that I think there's all sorts of ways that question can be answered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top