Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:22 PM

Re: Would You Go Up To A Complete Stranger In The Street And Have A Discussion?

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Not sure what you are suggesting here swimfeeders - I have been married for almost 40 years and don't wear a wedding ring!
Hi

Just me and I do get things wrong.

I would never chat up a lady wearing a wedding ring.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There is something wrong with you if you don't talk to strangers in Yorkshire. Waiting for Mrs Fox outside shops is a classic meeting point with strangers and discussing anything from the weather to the state of the nation. Public transport, queues in Supermarkets, and while out walking are all places for sometimes quite scintillating conversations with someone you have never met before. It's quite surprising what you have in common with some people. There are no strangers in where I live......

Exactly this - it's the Northern way to try and be friendly. I think it only works now on people of a certain age and upwards - the younger generation seem to have no social skills as all of their contacts are done via Facebook (other Apps are available) or using their phones. They may have thousands of `cyber-friends`, but in real life, I would suspect not that many.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	39955.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	15221  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Exactly this - it's the Northern way to try and be friendly. I think it only works now on people of a certain age and upwards - the younger generation seem to have no social skills as all of their contacts are done via Facebook (other Apps are available) or using their phones. They may have thousands of `cyber-friends`, but in real life, I would suspect not that many.
Hi

Sot on Judd.

I have made many friends waiting outside a shoe shop.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm just a friend who you haven't met in person yet, like the old fashioned 'Pen Pal'...
Aww pen pals! That's a lovely way of putting it! (and no, I wouldn't hug anyone in the street either!)
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:01 PM

I thinks that we're possibly a bit hard on youngsters. Am pretty sure that adults have always had doubts and complaints about children/youngsters.

On the whole, I think that they have pretty much the same level of social interaction with others physically, and possibly more interaction through social media than we ever did. After all, aren't we doing that on here, right now?

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top