Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:37 PM

Re: Would You Go Up To A Complete Stranger In The Street And Have A Discussion?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well would you?
You’ll probably say, No, to that question.
Yet we talk freely to complete strangers on a forum.

I wonder why that is?
No!!
But a couple have done it to me !
Not nice??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sure! Why not! If I don't want to go down certain roads then I don't and won't.
I think, l will just stick to the Yellow Brick Road in future!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:38 PM

Pixie, l am not saying it’s wrong, l was just comparing the situation of internet life and real life.
It suddenly occurred to me that we will probably never meet any of the members on here. Yet, we talk easily and freely to people who are relative strangers to us.
No, I didn't think you meant it was wrong at all...its quite a fascinating thing (especially for the pre-internet group) that we can share so freely with folk we haven't met. Some folk do meet up though don't they? That's nice too.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:39 PM

I do. But often it is my dog who does does the introductions.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:47 PM

Art see PM I sent you.watching their videos find interesting
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:57 PM

I have done yes. People are usually pretty open here and the fact that they are strangers to each other is no a huge issue. So It's very common here but not so much in the UK or the US where people seem more apprehensive of each other. IN Europe they will think you are downright mad. People seem so much more paranoid there. For good reason I guess a lot of the time. Like I had a simple cataract operation on my left eye last Thursday. I was sitting next to a bloke about my age in recovery We were chatting away. Total stranger. NIce bloke. I enjoyed our chat.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have done yes. People are usually pretty open here and the fact that they are strangers to each other is no a huge issue. So It's very common here but not so much in the UK or the US where people seem more apprehensive of each other. IN Europe they will think you are downright mad. People seem so much more paranoid there. For good reason I guess a lot of the time.
I agree with you, Keezoy. In Europe people are a tight bunch, not open and friendly, and quite critical of anything out of their own backyard.

In the US, no matter where I travel to I always have chats with folks I don't know, whether it's at breakfast in a hotel, a lobby while waiting for a concert, or the public library. I feel we are a curious breed, and I love interacting with someone and hearing their take on any given subject, even if it's the duck in the pond at the park.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have done yes. People are usually pretty open here and the fact that they are strangers to each other is no a huge issue. So It's very common here but not so much in the UK or the US where people seem more apprehensive of each other. IN Europe they will think you are downright mad. People seem so much more paranoid there. For good reason I guess a lot of the time. Like I had a simple cataract operation on my left eye last Thursday. I was sitting next to a bloke about my age in recovery We were chatting away. Total stranger. NIce bloke. I enjoyed our chat.
We are not sure here if we are in or out of europe Keezoy??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:36 PM

I have done that when I was able to go to the village. Used to sit on a bench by the river & often chatted to people who sat with me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:41 PM

Well would you?
You’ll probably say, No, to that question.
Yet we talk freely to complete strangers on a forum.

I wonder why that is?
No Art I might catch C19

Not much chance of catching it from other members....

Pre C19 I often spoke to/had a discussion with complete strangers particularly if they had a dog with them...

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top