Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 12:53 AM

Jesus Gets a Lie In in the Morning

Don't forget to put your clocks back before you go to bed tonight (unless you want to get up at 3am to do it).

Thank you Jesus for ending daylight savings, it goes on far too long - you can sleep in an extra hour before rising from the dead in the morning.

Tomorrow the sun will rise at a more respectable nine minutes past six.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 01:48 AM

Re: Jesus Gets a Lie In in the Morning

Speak for yourself Bruce. We changed our clocks in the UK last weekend.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 01:48 AM

Thank Bruce.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 02:30 AM

I don't know how but everything with a clock does it on it's own in our house.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I loathe digital clocks Smithy. Always have. I only tolerate them on computers and phones because I have no choice. We have some nice old clocks that you can open up. Some with a movement, others on a battery. I love setting them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Speak for yourself Bruce. We changed our clocks in the UK last weekend.
It has to be said the UK time is as silly, why don't you observe the same time as the rest of Europe? At least we have the excuse that the country covers several time zones and stretches from the tropics to the temperate zone.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

03-04-2021, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I wish mine did but only my computers, tablets and phone do that, everything else I have to do

My watch is a real bugger because I have to wind the hands forward 23 hours, even my Sanyo clock radio only goes forward
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:50 AM

You Aussies need to with the program Bruce :lol!. We let the prophet and all the good people of the US spring forward and sleep in on March 14. We changed the batteries in our smoke alarms, too .

I really wish we would abandon the practice altogether, but mothers fuss about their babes standing at the school bus stop in the dark.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:03 AM

Ours is supposed to be altering forward and staying there, not sure when, could be next year..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wish mine did but only my computers, tablets and phone do that, everything else I have to do

My watch is a real bugger because I have to wind the hands forward 23 hours, even my Sanyo clock radio only goes forward
So it should be, its well known, a person can't turn the Clock back.

(well, not legally)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top