Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 05:46 PM

Re: Lion Queen in the hot seat.

Hi Lion Queen,
What are your hobbies or things you are passionate about , besides writing and why?
If you like cooking / baking , what are your favourite things to make for others?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:26 PM

If you could change one thing in your life what would it be.... maybe an event or a decision you made.... what would it be.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Because we were reckless and upped sticks and just buggered off lol.

We sold our house, burned our bridges.

We didn't work as such but we lived off a very tight budget and I did Farmers Markets selling my poetry , didnt make much but we thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with all the people

We were gutted to have to come back but long story short I couldnt get private medical insurance the premium was too high because of my strength of BP medication, couldn't remain in a country where we weren't covered medically.

I think things happen for a reason because had I still been there there wouldn't have been anyone to look after my dad after mum died. It was meant to be. We hope to return one day but not while dad is with us.
Do you really think you will return or is it a dream?
Wouldn't you still need medical cover?

What would your son do? Would there be anybody to look out for him?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hi Lion Queen,
What are your hobbies or things you are passionate about , besides writing and why?
If you like cooking / baking , what are your favourite things to make for others?
When I can I love to swim and gym, they open shortly and I can't wait. Exercise and my healthly eating opened up a whole new world to me that I had forgotten was out there. I'm now able to move and live life again, I rarely get colds and chills anymore and I'm sure it's down to the good nutrition I eat, so you could say I'm passionate about my diet and exercise.

Designing backgrounds to put my poetry onto is a huge pastime of mine these days, I absolutely love doing it because my gifts make people happy and that in turn makes me happy. I'm a people pleaser but there is nothing false about me I genuinely do love to make people happy, I think perhaps I'm a bit selfish there because I get a good feeling knowing I made someone else happy I get some wonderful feedback and that spurs me on more. I'm forever grateful to Mart on here for introducing me to the design software, again that opened up a whole new world for me. Oh and I'm also heavily into making greeting cards now. I've attached a couple here.

Musical theatre is a huge passion of mine and I can't wait to get back to it. I'm awestruck at the talent some of these people have and it makes me feel quite emotional at times. The sound of lots of people singing together and making harmonies like they do is proper music to my ears and I often have my hairs standing on end. To know we have such talent that one can make people believe the characters they are playing is breathtaking. If you have never seen Blood Brothers and Les Miserables I urge you to see those two shows. I come from a very musical family, my mother was a Soprano, my dad is a pianist/keyboard player, my uncle sang, my other uncle played guitar and my grandmother played the harmonica, so I guess that's where I get my love of music from.

I do like to cook and my favourite things to make are soups, my Dad and husband love my soups, I should can it, I'm sure I'd make good money but haven't a clue where to start LOL.

I'm sorry if I've waffled on, I'll shut up now.
x

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	18th.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	15223   Click image for larger version

Name:	17thgrandson.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	15224   Click image for larger version

Name:	brother.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	15225   Click image for larger version

Name:	cardauntie.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	15226   Click image for larger version

Name:	friendbutterfly.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	15227  

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
If you could change one thing in your life what would it be.... maybe an event or a decision you made.... what would it be.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I would change anything Summer, however I have sometimes thought I wish we'd never moved to Spain because we were ripped off something chronic with property and when we came back we had to start all over again with a mortgage in our late 40s, but then again I can't regret it because we had a wonderful time out there and it was a real life experience that not many people can ever say they were lucky enough to do AND I was a lady of leisure for two whole years!

Smoking is a definite thing I would change, I made a silly decision to start smoking at a young age and I really do wish I never had been a follower, I was weak and I'm not afraid to admit it, never mind though, I quit 13 years ago
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:38 PM

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I would change anything Summer, however I have sometimes thought I wish we'd never moved to Spain because we were ripped off something chronic with property and when we came back we had to start all over again with a mortgage in our late 40s, but then again I can't regret it because we had a wonderful time out there and it was a real life experience that not many people can ever say they were lucky enough to do AND I was a lady of leisure for two whole years!

Smoking is a definite thing I would change, I made a silly decision to start smoking at a young age and I really do wish I never had been a follower, I was weak and I'm not afraid to admit it, never mind though, I quit 13 years ago
I know the feeling, we did the same, five years in Portugal, no regrets.

But do you flamenco, or was it all Guinness and full English?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-04-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I know the feeling, we did the same, five years in Portugal, no regrets.

But do you flamenco, or was it all Guinness and full English?
Si, si, puedo hacer el flamenco y tengo castanets, lol I don't know what castanets is in Spanish,

me gusto desayuno ingles completo, pardon the grammar, I probably said it all wrong way round!
Oh, no me gusto Guinness bleurgh
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:16 PM

When I can I love to swim and gym, they open shortly and I can't wait. Exercise and my healthly eating opened up a whole new world to me that I had forgotten was out there. I'm now able to move and live life again, I rarely get colds and chills anymore and I'm sure it's down to the good nutrition I eat, so you could say I'm passionate about my diet and exercise.

Designing backgrounds to put my poetry onto is a huge pastime of mine these days, I absolutely love doing it because my gifts make people happy and that in turn makes me happy. I'm a people pleaser but there is nothing false about me I genuinely do love to make people happy, I think perhaps I'm a bit selfish there because I get a good feeling knowing I made someone else happy I get some wonderful feedback and that spurs me on more. I'm forever grateful to Mart on here for introducing me to the design software, again that opened up a whole new world for me. Oh and I'm also heavily into making greeting cards now. I've attached a couple here.

Musical theatre is a huge passion of mine and I can't wait to get back to it. I'm awestruck at the talent some of these people have and it makes me feel quite emotional at times. The sound of lots of people singing together and making harmonies like they do is proper music to my ears and I often have my hairs standing on end. To know we have such talent that one can make people believe the characters they are playing is breathtaking. If you have never seen Blood Brothers and Les Miserables I urge you to see those two shows. I come from a very musical family, my mother was a Soprano, my dad is a pianist/keyboard player, my uncle sang, my other uncle played guitar and my grandmother played the harmonica, so I guess that's where I get my love of music from.

I do like to cook and my favourite things to make are soups, my Dad and husband love my soups, I should can it, I'm sure I'd make good money but haven't a clue where to start LOL.

I'm sorry if I've waffled on, I'll shut up now.
x
Wow Lion Queen. You’ve grown so much since I last personally talked with you . When I last talked with you, you were unhappily over weight and wanted to lose weight so badly.
I looked at your profile picture and you look absolutely fabulous. Very well done. Once you get on a healthy life path you won’t want to ever go back.

We share so many life passions. My father is a pianist and used to play Chopin and exceptionally well. Like yourself, I get goosebumps listening to beautiful music that touches my very soul.

Your cards look amazing. You’ve got a real niche for this. I’m also very into artwork. Would you mind passing the software link? I’ll give you a cool link in return to make your own paint by number from your own photos.

I’ve seen some plays before and used to work as a private cook for two opera singers in la miserables. I actually made a cake for the staff of Les Miserables but unfortunately never saw it while it was here. Something I regret.

I bet you make great soups. I’ve only canned homemade tomato sauce and gave it to family and friends and it was a big hit. We are currently canning turkey stew for us and our dogs since we are moving.

It IS fun giving things away to people. Most of my paintings I give away. It’s nice making people smile. I agree.

You didn’t waffle on at all. In fact, I really appreciate the effort in the details you gave. You sound like a very happy, healthy stable woman.

Thank you and have a lovely day.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

04-04-2021, 10:25 PM

Here is the cool software I know of.
It’s a bit pricey just to do one photo but IS pretty cool.... especially for a very special photo.

https://startpaintingart.com/product...RoCrMEQAvD_BwE
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:00 PM

Hi Queenie.

Do you make your soups in a saucepan or use a soup maker?

What's your favourite one & will you print the recipe please?

I'm into making soups & love to try different ones.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top