Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:15 PM

Re: Boris Johnson to give go-ahead for trials of Covid passports

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I'd guess that there would be a secure original document on the NHS website which would be open 24/7 for anyone without a mobile.

Not too difficult to provide a fix via PC link or phone ring in.
Not everyone is Internet savvy...and not everyone wants to be online either...is this how you meant it? What about those people. Or are you talking about business having access to your records? Its discriminatory and judgemental, in my opinion. Surely the business must take some responsibility in ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness, social distancing etc...I would go to a place if I thought it was clean and sanitised.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why not Pixie?

I want to go out for meals etc.

I do not want Covid again, it was scary.

If a venue insists on Covid Vac Certificates I will be there.

I will not be going to any which do not.

It should be up to each business to decide, it should not be compulsory.
But didn't they say that having a vac doesn't bstop you getting
covid, it only makes the symptoms milder?
Doesn't that mean you can still pass it on ??
What good is a passport then ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
But didn't they say that having a vac doesn't bstop you getting
covid, it only makes the symptoms milder?
Doesn't that mean you can still pass it on ??
What good is a passport then ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Thank you! Also, I'm sure I read today somewhere that having two jags will allow you to go anywhere with no mask on! Yeah, ok...I'll keep mine on ta much
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:21 PM

I may be wrong, but a secure mobile Phone App, showing Photo, maybe thumbprint, place, day & date of jab, exemption for those exempted, does not seem all that complex.

Even adding in updated test results should not be too difficult!

That might take a couple of days to get in place and cost very little to create.

If you look at Banking Apps, they are quite secure these days!

OK - Reality - over to our government & the civil service >>

9 months & 50 Billion pounds? - to an overseas company?

Maybe I'm a touch cynical......!

P.S. watch out for who you stand behind, in the queue, they might be using a scammed up version!

Yes, for a few toothpicks and a bit of cotton wool ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not everyone is Internet savvy...and not everyone wants to be online either...is this how you meant it? What about those people. Or are you talking about business having access to your records? Its discriminatory and judgemental, in my opinion. Surely the business must take some responsibility in ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness, social distancing etc...I would go to a place if I thought it was clean and sanitised.
Again, only guessing, I'd expect that the people without documents would simply give a code, or their NHS number to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper could then, very quickly, ring and be told "OK" or "Not OK".

Maybe none of this will be an issue, Pixie, but if Customers start to refuse to use a store, I think the store will rapidly be looking form some way to stay safe.

It's beginning to come down to person's personal rights versus the lives of others.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, for a few toothpicks and a bit of cotton wool ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Amazon won't be able to believe their luck!

Must look at some shares!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

04-04-2021, 08:34 PM

Again, only guessing, I'd expect that the people without documents would simply give a code, or their NHS number to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper could then, very quickly, ring and be told "OK" or "Not OK".

Maybe none of this will be an issue, Pixie, but if Customers start to refuse to use a store, I think the store will rapidly be looking form some way to stay safe.

It's beginning to come down to person's personal rights versus the lives of others.
I do agree, and its not a line I like to see drawn, honestly. I just wish this whole stupid thing was done and dusted and we can all go back to normal! (Which is a bit of a sweeping statement, I know....but, still....)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

04-04-2021, 08:38 PM

I do agree, and its not a line I like to see drawn, honestly. I just wish this whole stupid thing was done and dusted and we can all go back to normal! (Which is a bit of a sweeping statement, I know....but, still....)
If only we could see what the future holds!

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

04-04-2021, 08:42 PM

If only we could see what the future holds!

Well exactly...and not to put a dampener on things but this Europe's 3rd wave is concerning me. But hey, all we can do is be careful eh?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:08 AM

Well exactly...and not to put a dampener on things but this Europe's 3rd wave is concerning me. But hey, all we can do is be careful eh?
Indeed .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top