Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:26 PM

Re: Kill The Bill.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
"Trade unions"? Do you mean as good things to have? If so absolutely NOT. Twas a time 100 years or so when Trade Unions served a good and necessary purpose but that is long past.
Yes, that's what I meant.....and really? I'm not so surprised you think so, but I would have thought Trade unions were essential....perhaps even more so these days. For example, where I work, there is no union, but there is a "staff retention scheme"...makes no sense whatsoever!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:27 PM

Although I agree we should be able to protest, I reckon 99% of protests are about things I disagree with.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a disgusting piece of Legislation, we need the right to peaceful protest.

It is an over reaction to the antics of a few, who should be arrested and fined heavily.

It should not be directed at those who follow the rules on Protest.

You can make your point without putting others at risk.
I agree with peaceful protests. Your country is also in the midst of questionable legislation, and I will not presume to know the details, pros and cons, so as a US citizen, will watch the news and see how this develops.

I do hope it stays peaceful. Posters take note I am not criticizing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I agree with peaceful protests. Your country is also in the midst of questionable legislation, and I will not presume to know the details, pros and cons, so as a US citizen, will watch the news and see how this develops.

I do hope it stays peaceful. Posters take note I am not criticizing.
As far as I'm concerned, and I believe I "speak" for many - criticise at will! I believe there's much more to be gained from criticism than praise.

Hell's teeth, I've been criticised personally by professionals.

Come to think of it people from just about ALL professions!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As far as I'm concerned, and I believe I "speak" for many - criticise at will! I believe there's much more to be gained from criticism than praise.

Hell's teeth, I've been criticised personally by professionals.

Come to think of it people from just about ALL professions!
Can you prove that it did you good Todgy ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Although I agree we should be able to protest, I reckon 99% of protests are about things I disagree with.
Do you mean you disagree with what they are protesting about or
that you disagree with the protesters tore LD ??
Sorry lm not quite clear on that point?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

05-04-2021, 09:42 PM

From what lve seen, the BILL is fighting back at last 😀😀!

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top