Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 02:17 PM

Have You Ever Had To Think On Your Feet?

Well have you?

Is it something you do every day, or just on rare occasions?
What does ‘thinking on your feet’, mean to you?

As usual, serious or funny replies are welcome!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Re: Have You Ever Had To Think On Your Feet?

Not with retorts, no, I'm quite rubbish. I always think of some witty remark days later and wish I could go back to the person and say it! In emergencies, I think I'm ok though...nobody has died as a result of me dithering about.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 02:27 PM

Thinking on my feet usually involved pointing a finger and saying "it was his fault"
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 02:41 PM

For me it would be thinking in my bed....

Yes, more so now thanks to the help of a friend, who has explained stuff to me, I’ve thought long and hard about what was said, ....I am learning to act instead of “ react”.....if it’s been a lifetime of a habit ,it’s very hard to break, but it can be done most definitely ......so before I react I think....if that makes sense.
If one wants to change in an area they must think and be smart in dealing with a problem.
Psychological stuff.

I think .....thinking on your feet is quick thinking.

I am very quick in some areas at thinking on my feet...other areas not so much.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 02:56 PM

Thinking on my feet to me means going into another room and then thinking ‘ Now what did I come in here for
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thinking on my feet to me means going into another room and then thinking ‘ Now what did I come in here for
😂🤣😅.Mags, I’m always doing that....takes me a while these days to remember what I came upstairs for....😂🤣😅
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh so true!!!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 03:28 PM

I have to say I’m very good at thinking on my feet, I’ve got myself out of some tricky situations by having the right answer at the right time,
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 04:43 PM

It was just par for the course when solving problems and employing various men of different trades on three or four different sites at once. I had to be quite adept at thinking on my feet, but I certainly don't have the skill now after many years retired.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 05:50 PM

I'm hopeless at thinking on my feet. I always think AFTERWARDS, I'm the same as Pixie, glad I'm not alone lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top