Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:48 PM

Re: Is It Important That You Are Liked?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Like it or not, I like you, Roxy!

Awww Thankyou Tedc.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:49 PM

The Folks who matter to Me in My Life,mainly Family,like,respect,love Me as I do Them,and of course I like,respect,and love Myself
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
The Folks who matter to Me in My Life,mainly Family,like,respect,love Me as I do Them,and of course I like,respect,and love Myself
Hi

Thanks for posting May.

I have seriously missed you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thanks for posting May.

I have seriously missed you.
Heh heh,Ye wee fibber..Me,missed,on this Forum?...that'd be a first ...Hope You're doing ok Kiddo
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:11 PM

As an adult, people may like you or not, for several reasons. I would rather be respected than liked. Fortunately, the two often go hand in hand. I am not bothered at all if I am not liked. We are unique individuals and life would be boring if everyone was a cookie cutter copy of each other.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:16 PM

I wouldn’t like to be disliked so I suppose it does matter .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
To be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less.
Ditto. With me it's "What You See Is What You Get". Generally, I couldn't give a monkey's whether someone likes me or not.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 04:16 PM

My family & my friends like me. I don't care about anyone else.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 04:19 PM

Interesting thread. Standing it on it's head though it's interesting to reflect on who you like and why. I don't mean here I mean in life generally. You often hear people differentiate between love and like. F'rinstance .."That bloody son/ daughter/husband/wife/ brother sister..pet hamster etc.."I love them to bits but sometimes I really don't like them".….There seems to be a qualitative difference between the two emotions. MY personal theory is that love. being a very subjective thing (And..I don't mean infactuation or "in love" so much as deeply personal and linked to hard wired drives to protect and care for your loved ones regardless of how they treat you) doesn't depend on logic. But liking somebody is often based on that person's objective qualities and how they treat you. If a person treats me with respect, doesn't gratuitously attack my dignity; if they listen properly to what I have to say, value my company etc. Well I am much more likely to like them . I figure that if I make an effort to live by those principles myself, then I guess there will be more of a chance of people liking me. After that if they still don't well I really don't worry about it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 04:51 PM

It's a nice feeling when you know you are liked
so I suppose I want people to like me but it's not hugely important.
I try to be myself and always give other people the benefit of the doubt so if that isn't good enough I don't worry about it.
"You can't please all of the people all of the time"

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top