Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 12:57 PM

Re: Chatted up.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, I do have four lovely admirers in the wings but l didn’t initially meet them in a pub. I have met up with them in a pub, or a restaurant pre lockdown. We keep in touch by phone but they don’t know about each other!
I love their company but l don’t want anything permanent.
Only 4....😂🤣😅.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Only 4....😂🤣😅.....
That’s more than enough.... the ducking and diving is bad enough!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Summer 2020 when we were all enjoying going back out again I dressed up nicely to go to town.
I had a wander around clothes shops and the one bookstore and as I was making my way back across the town square a random guy stepped right in front of me to stop me and said "Did you find any books you liked?"
I was so taken a-back I just answered him back all casual-like. He was very good-looking, dark, possibly of middle eastern heritage, looked about my age, so that's probably why my defences were down!
Of course... at the back of my mind...my reasoning brain was shouting at me "This man must have been following you for a while and has deliberately walked a route where he could head you off woman!!!!". So when he asked his next question "Would you like to go for a drink and a chat somewhere?" I just blurted, "Sorry I'm with someone" and walked calmly away.
I think back to it sometimes and wonder whether I should have accepted his offer, it was daylight and people were milling about. But my brain's red flag must have been telling me that something about his chat up technique was all wrong!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:51 PM

Ugh there's two older men locally who are always out and about when I am out with the dog. Neither of them know each other (as in they are not neighbours) but try their hardest to chat to me and make conversation. Overly familiar conversation even though they know I'm married! The other day, I saw each of them approach from either end of the road as I was going home with the dog - and I'm stuck in the middle trying to practically drag the poor dog over the road and these guys are both waving at me! Arrrgh! One tried to talk to me but I made my excuses and scooted in the door. Mr P knows about them, but just laughs.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:16 PM

Not sure about who was chatting up who - I think we chatted each other up - but I met a girl I ended up going out with for a while when I was at university. She was studying forensic medicine and I was in my last year of my social work degree. We were both doing a short placement at the Sydney Coroners Court and we met at the City Morgue...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:25 PM

Yes, I know all about those thanks Baz, I don’t want one.

Most people feel flattered by being chatted up... but there is a limit... which some overstep the Mark...
It was just a thought, no problem as I don't want a smart meter either!

Perhaps you should be more assertive in your rejections, that just might work!

Any strange places you have been chatted up by a male / female?

My convenience store, where I charge my key up, guy in there keeps chatting me up, keeps asking for my phone number, I told him I’m married and showed him my ring. (I know it’s a lie)... it’s got so bad my friend or son now go in there on my behalf to charge up my key.

A ruddy granny being chatted up at my age..😂🤣😅.....And anyway my eldest son is a year younger than him....
Is being 'chatted up' a type of behaviour just females have to tolerate I wonder? As a male I've never been 'chatted up' in my life! Perhaps I am just missing out on something here!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:26 PM

I never get chatted up
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I never get chatted up
That makes two of us then!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:33 PM

Another example of creepy-ness, was when a customer phoned up the shop and asked me out on a blind date. Apparently he had been in the shop (and failed to notice the wedding ring, obviously!) and just thought it was perfectly reasonable behaviour to phone me up and ask me out! I'm sorry, but that's just out of order. I told him I was married and the reason why I was so friendly, chatty and smiley was because I wanted him to BUY something, NOT because I liked him! Jeez!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That makes two of us then!
Ah I dont feel so alone now 😁

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top